This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Recovery Ministries
Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 02/05/2012
Categories: Outreach - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
"Go stand at the crossroads and look around. Ask for directions to the old road, the tried-and-true road. Then take it. Discover the right route for your souls.” - Jeremiah 6:16
Numerous young adults today live enslaved to sin and vice, enabled by our culture, aware of their need to escape their addictions, yet lacking a clear path to lasting freedom. Alcohol, drugs, pornography, food, gambling, gaming and codependency enslave our neighbors, our friends, and even members of our own families. An entire generation of young males is in danger of missing God's purpose for their lives in America today. In order to truly become a destination for the lost and the broken, we believe it is crucial that we initiate a ministry that will directly address these specific challenges within the context of the local church, the hope of the world.
Our vision is to create a Christ-centered, comprehensive addiction recovery ministry at Hillcrest Covenant Church. “Crossroads” (working title) will utilize both proven addiction recovery strategies while also incorporating a cutting edge approach to culturally relevant ministry.
Our goal is to serve those battling addictions within the broader context of the Prairie Village area and its surrounding communities (part of the Kansas City Metro region). We are intentionally aiming to reach 18-35 year olds who are deeply entangled in addictions and desire to be set free!
“Crossroads” will exist under the larger umbrella of Outreach and function as a Missional Community of Hillcrest, with a weekly corporate gathering and open share groups throughout the week. Our hope for this ministry is that people will discover the healing and recovery that the Lordship of Jesus can bring. We trust it will become one of the primary entry points for people to find their way back to God and into the larger Hillcrest family.
We believe the person for this position will display a gifted mix of the following qualities and be called to the following functions:
Job Title: Crossroads Pastor
FLSA: Part Time (Note: Compensation will be roughly the equivalent of a 30 hr/week job; no benefits)
Reports To: Missions Pastor
Revised: February 1, 2012
Position Summary: Developing the overall vision, strategy and operation for the recovery ministry of reaching young adult addicts and codependents.
• Establish and implement systems for recruitment, training, and retention of volunteer ministry leaders
• Serve as the liaison to the church and community, representing the recovery ministry
• Design and implement large group experiences that incorporate culturally relevant worship and program to inspire a desire for personal connection and life-change
• Design and implement small group experiences that provide a safe forum for people to talk about their addictions and various problems these addictions are causing in their lives
• Design and implement monthly fellowship events that provide pressure-free opportunities for participants to connect socially
• Develop and implement marketing and recruitment strategies that are inviting, engaging and culturally relevant to the targeted population of young adult addicts with a focus on young men
• Educate and create an environment within Hillcrest that is a nurturing place for those steeped in addiction to enable the ministry to flourish
• Design and implement a system for monitoring and measuring impact
• Direct responsibility for an annual budget
• Demonstrated compassion towards those seeking recovery, as well as a passion to see the Church be the hope of the world, and specifically, who believes the Church can provide the best environment for success for those battling addictions
• Be committed to the mission and values of Hillcrest Covenant Church
• Experience in ministry roles, as volunteer or staff, especially with young adults
• Experience in developing and leading corporate worship services and gatherings
• Experience with recovery groups helpful, but not imperative
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field
• Significant team-building and leadership development experience
• Demonstrated grasp on sound Biblical theology
Effect on End Result:
The Crossroads Ministry will engage seekers as well as develop members into passionate followers of Christ that invites others to find that same freedom. People who are seeking to live in recovery will come to faith and dependence on Christ as their source of wholeness and hope, and in turn participate in leading others to freedom.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating your reasons for interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Hillcrest Covenant Church
Attn: David Chan
8801 Nall Ave.
Prairie Village, KS 66207