This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Arts
First United methodist Church
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/02/2012
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Full Time Position: Director of Worship Arts
Location: First United Methodist Church of Melbourne, Florida
Seeking an experienced creative person, with a strong spiritual presence, who can lead a contemporary worship experience, assist in planning of traditional services, coordinate with leaders in all worship experiences, and give leadership to children and youth’s musical worship.
• Educational background- minimum of 4 year degree; prefer training in leading worship
• Strong lead vocalist
• A vision for long range planning
• Multi-media skills (especially sound)
• Ability to recruit and train core of volunteers for the worship experience (ex. Sound booth, praise team)
• Up-to-date with trends in worship and how the various arts are being utilized for a multi-sensory experience.
• Willing to attend training in job related areas
• Proficient in reading, writing, and verifying chord charts
• Experience in writing and arranging contemporary music pieces
Salary range $35,000 to 40,000 depending on experience
Send resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Also send a DVD or video link showing you leading worship.
Mailing address: FUMC 110 E. New Haven Ave. Melbourne, Florida
Deadline: February 27, 2012