This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Missional Community Pastor
Grace Community Church
Chico, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/01/2012
Categories: Outreach - Small Group Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
This person will help create community within our church family through supporting, training and mentoring our small group community leaders. This person will also help create and implement a church wide spiritual formation vision for our adults.
• Recruit, train and equip new missional community leaders.
• Coach and resource existing group leaders.
• Develop any needed curriculum needed to support formation vision among the communities.
• Model missional community through a group leader mentoring model.
• Recruit, develop, supervise, and motivate a Discipleship Team of sufficient size and competence as to fulfill the discipleship needs and efforts of the Grace Family
• Model Christian character, integrity and spiritual accountability, encouraging team members in their pursuit of personal spiritual maturity.
• Serve with pastoral staff on Sermon Team in the development and implementation of annual sermon schedule as well as fill other Sunday service needs.
• Coordinate events and needs with other ministry directors, staff and leadership.
• Prepare and administrate ministry budget, demonstrating good stewardship in the distribution of all funds allocated to Missional Community ministry teams.
• Model the biblical qualifications identified in 1Timothy 3:1-7, demonstrating a lifestyle that honors God and appropriately represents Grace Community Church.
• A clearly demonstrated ownership of Grace Community Church’s membership covenant.
• A willingness to live in healthy biblical community with others, modeling what he is coaching others to do.
• A seminary education and three years leadership experience in successful missional community ministry.
• Strong relational skills with demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a team of volunteers.
• Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem solver able to assist missional leaders with issues that arise.
• Positive perspective (an “attitude of gratitude”) and a good sense of humor are highly recommended.
• Full agreement with the doctrinal position of Grace Community Church.
Email resumes to email@example.com