This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Spring, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/01/2012
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Technical Associate
Recruited By: Production Director
Staff Grade: Support Staff
Status: Full Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Principle Function: The Technical Associate is responsible for primary FOH at weekend services and events, as well as managing and/or providing AVL support needed for all production events, as directed by the Production Director.
Purpose: To provide high quality and excellent service, with the right heart attitude, offering audio and technical support to the Worship & Communications Ministry, operating with integrity that which God has entrusted us with. In doing so, the mission and vision of the church can be carried out at all times.
1. Must be extremely proficient with digital audio consoles (Yamaha M7CL, specifically).
2. Must be familiar with computer applications that directly relate to work (Logic, ProTools experience a plus).
3. Must be a problem solver and a self-starter.
4. Be open to working in a variety of tech areas (lighting, audio production, video production, stage design, etc.).
5. Must be able to focus on task at hand.
6. Must be biblically sound and exhibit personal conduct that reflects positively on the integrity of the church.
7. Must be trustworthy and confidential.
8. Must be a team player and have good people skills.
9. Must have good discernment in making decisions.
10. Highly creative.
11. Detail oriented, keen initiative, ability to use discernment in making decisions, and a team player.
12. piritual gifts of creativity, leadership are helpful.
1. Working Hours - a) Must be onsite for weekly meetings and working on projects and tasks assigned by Production Director, b) Must be onsite before, during and after Sunday services, as well as additional events and services, c) Available for providing AVL support for all production events, onsite and off, throuhgout the week.
2. Run primary FOH for weekend services or other events.
3. Assist with designing and setting up video shoots.
4. Maintain technical systems (including audio, video, and lighting components), including standard maintenance and repair.
5. Work with and direct volunteer teams with excellence.
6. This job description is not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by employee’s supervisor.
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED with two (2) years college or work-related trade school preferred.
This position shall be directly accountable to the Production Director and through the Production Director to the Worship & Communications Pastor. This position will have direct contact with church membership and paid staff.
This position is approximately 40 hours/week, with needs on nights and weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Please submit resume with portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Faithbridge Church is a 2011 Best Christian Workplaces employer.