This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Fellowship Church
Ashton, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 02/01/2012
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
The lead pastor will be a key in growing our ministry today and for years to come. His primary objectives will be:
• To teach, train and equip the church body for ministry using the bible as the ultimate authority
• To be missions-minded; locally, statewide, nationally and internationally
• To embrace our God-given vision and provide the leadership and direction to implement and see it accomplished
Accountable to: Associate Pastor and Deacons
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
He is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
• Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances
• Teach with proficiency and theological depth without compromising the Word
• Through obedience to the scriptures, model a life that is surrendered to preaching and teaching God’s Word
• Be a shepherd who leads, guides, and protects the church body
• Conduct counseling sessions, visit members and prospects, perform wedding ceremonies, conduct funerals
• Lead by example through biblical servanthood
• Have a passion to develop church members into leaders and release them to do the ministry
• Have a multi-campus mindset and a desire for church-planting
• Work with associate pastors, deacons, church officers, and ministry team leaders as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in a program of family ministries
• Act as moderator of church business meetings
• Operate in accordance with an annual ministry plan (clear goals/programs/calendar/budget)
• Create clear performance measures for all reporting staff and provide annual feedback on personal, professional and ministry development
• Cooperate with associational and state leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of developments and represent the church in civic matters
• Fully surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
• Is Spirit-led
• Puts God first through daily devotions and prayer
• Has a humble, teachable spirit
• Delights in obedience to God
• Puts family second only to God
• Leads family well
• Demonstrates a life of genuine compassion through outreach and building relationships
• Has a biblical worldview
• Places a high priority on fulfilling the Great Commission with a focus on outreach and evangelism
• Is pro-Israel: God’s chosen people
Our Mission Statement
To help unsaved and unchurched people become fully surrendered followers of Christ. (Our mission is to help as many people as possible come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, make a commitment to follow Him throughout their life, and to deny themselves and surrender every area of their life to Him on a daily basis.)
Our Vision: Increase the Impact!
• To Know – To know God intimately and to know Christ as our personal Lord and Savior
• To Grow – To grow in our knowledge of scripture and in our relationship with God and others
• To Go – To respond to God’s plan locally and globally (The Great Commission) Matt. 28: 18 - 20
Grace Fellowship Church (GFC) Culture
At Grace Fellowship we think church should be a place where you can walk through the doors and feel like you’ve come home. We are a non-denominational, multi-campus church, in cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention. Both campuses are located in small rural communities. Our motto is “Come As You Are” and we welcome individuals from all walks of life.
We have a contemporary worship style, singing relevant, God-focused songs. At GFC, God’s Word is taught in a practical, easy to apply way. We have multiple ministries that serve on Sunday mornings to assist in the overall success of the worship service. We have a hospitality team that consists of ushers and greeters. We have quality, trained nursery workers to ensure the safety of children birth – 3 years of age and an educational children’s ministry that helps children 4 years – 5th grade learn God’s truths. We have a dynamic Awana program and student ministry that teaches God’s truth in a fun and interactive way which includes community outreach.
We have small groups and a fellowship ministry that help us to develop close bonds by being open and transparent with each other. We also have a Missions and Outreach Team that offers resources that provide opportunities to engage in local, statewide, national, and international missions. At GFC we believe the true meaning of church is more than just “doing church”. It is meeting people where they are and living life together.
Over the years, God has faithfully led Grace Fellowship Church (GFC) through peaks and valleys to become the church we are today. We are confident of God’s leading and directing as we hire a new Lead Pastor to seek and follow God’s vision for GFC until Christ returns.