This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's and Family Ministries
First United Methodist Church of Colleyville
Colleyville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/03/2012
Categories: Christian Education
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
FUMC COLLEYVILLE SEEKS FULL-TIME DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN'S AND FAMILY MINISTRIES
The position of Director of Children’s Ministries and Family Ministries is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried staff position. The role of the Director of Children’s and Family Ministries is to oversee and give direction to church programs for both adults and children through 5th grade. Specific responsibilities include:
* Volunteer development for Children’s and Program Ministries
* Implementation of the Children’s Ministries
* Implementation of the Ministries to Families
* Supervision of the Nursery/Child Care Ministry
* Communication related to the Children’s and Family Ministries
* Administrative Duties related to Children’s and Family Ministries
* Working with other staff members
Other responsibilities necessary for the effective ministry of the church may be specified by the Senior Pastor in consultation with the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
The person serving in this position must be one who sees his or her role and duties primarily as a ministry to the congregation and to all who attend here, in the name of Jesus Christ.
* Bachelor of Christian Education or related field
* Experience working with infants and children through grade 5
* Experience in developing and implementing many types of church programs
* Completion of training or certification for Christian educators
* Extensive background in the United Methodist Church as a lay member and volunteer
* Demonstrated ability in giving leadership to groups and working cooperatively with others
Salary is in the low thirties and benefits include a pension plan.