This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth and Student Ministries
First United Methodist Church of Colleyville
Colleyville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/01/2012
Categories: Young Adult Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Seeking Christian, dynamic youth leader. Unbrindled passion for youth and young adults. Responsible to develop and implement programs. Willing to develop connections with youth beyond the organized church programs. Experience working with students, parents and church staff. Must be a TEAM player.
The position of Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried staff position. The role of the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries is to oversee and give direction to programs in the church provided for youth (grades 6-12) and young adults (post-high school through age 30), with primary emphasis on youth programs. Specific responsibilities include:
* Volunteer development within the Youth and Young Adult programs
* Implementation of the Youth and Young Adults programs
* Lay Pastoral Ministry for Youth and Young Adults
* Communication related to the Youth and Young Adult programs
* Administrative Duties related to the Youth and Young Adult programs
* Working with other staff members
Other responsibilities necessary for the effective ministry of the church may be specified by the Senior Pastor in consultation with the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
The person serving in this position must be one who sees his or her role and duties primarily as a ministry to the congregation and to all who attend here, in the name of Jesus Christ. Such ministry is to be especially directed to youth, their parents and guardians, adult volunteers in the youth program and young adults.
* Bachelor of Christian Education or related field
* Experience as a youth ministry staff person
* Completion of training or certification for youth directors
* College-level counseling courses or Stephen Ministry Training
* Extensive background in the United Methodist Church as a lay member and volunteer
* Demonstrated ability in giving leadership to groups and working cooperatively with others
* High energy level and ability to play and interact with youth.