This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Baptist Church
Oxford, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 01/31/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Part-Time
The minister of students and recreation is responsible to the associate pastor for evaluating, coordinating, and developing junior high, senior high, and collegiate ministries to minister effectively to students and their families through evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, ministry, and worship and for evaluating, coordinating, and developing the overall recreation ministry of the church.
1) Lead the ministries to carry out a regular program of outreach to students
and their families and to promote the church’s student ministry within
2) Lead the ministries to explain the Gospel and its call for life commitment
understandably to students and invite them to respond.
3) Lead a program of discipleship for students that helps them grow in their
knowledge of God’s Word, their commitment to Him, and their desire to
serve Him; this should include ministry to students who are new
4) Extend the church’s ministry to student’s by developing and supporting
campus ministries at the local schools.
5) Provide resources, encouragement, and guidance to help parents understand
and to assist them with their biblical responsibility for discipling
6) Lead the student ministry to become an open network of fellowship where
all students and their families are welcomed and loved.
7) Coordinate with other ministry leaders to help students and their families
become a part of the fellowship of the church; this should include
ministry to new church members.
8) Lead the ministries to care for students and their families during times
of crisis, stress, and grief; be available to counsel with students and
9) Help students understand their role in ministry and missions through
teaching, discovery and development of their ministry skills, and
regular involvement in ministry and mission projects.
10) Help students understand biblical worship, provide opportunities for them
to worship, and coordinate with the church’s ministry of worship and music to train and involve them further in worship.
11) Provide direction and oversight for the church’s overall recreation
12) Provide a safe environment for student and recreation ministry; this
should include working with other staff members to develop, coordinate,
and upgrade as needed a unified child security and safety system.
13) Enlist, equip, and train, leaders for student and recreation ministry.
14) Assist ministry leaders with special projects and events in support of
15) Recommend, develop, and implement additional programming for student and
recreation ministry and changes to existing programming as needed and
16) Evaluate and guide the church in utilizing, maintaining, and expanding its
facilities for student and recreation ministry.
17) Determine, request, and oversee the use of funding for student and
recreation ministry through the church’s stewardship ministry.
18) Perform other duties as requested by the associate pastor.