This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Austin Ridge Bible Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/30/2012
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Overview of job and responsibilities: The Art Director will report to the Creative Director and work alongside the rest of the Creative Department in a collaborative team setting. The goal of the Creative Department is to communicate the message of Christ to the people of Austin and beyond. The Art Director should be creative, artistic, familiar with design, and be capable of leading one self and leading others.
Qualifications: The Art Director must:
• be a growing disciple of Christ with a consistent devotional life
• possess maturity
• be a leader
• be a fit with our team
• be teachable
• be in line with Austin Ridge’s philosophy
• have design experience in print, video, and online/app/social media
• familiar with appropriate software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.).
• understand basics of photography and be able to communicate/lead volunteer and freelance photographers through creative process.
• be capable of collaborating in a team environment, extending design skills to video, online, social networking, digital signage, etc.
Role of the Art Director
1. Establish Brand
a. Sermon Series
• Work alongside the Creative Director and Pastors to create the visual identity for the sermon series.
• Set the tone for Video, Visual Arts, Graphics, signage, etc.
b. Overall Church Brand
• Examine/reimagine existing materials (Print, Screen, Video, Signage, Web, etc.)
• Establish thread of consistency (color palette, font, imagery, etc.) amongst all print and digital mediums.
c. “micro-brands” – (church ministries)
• Work alongside Creative Director to help develop “micro-brands” for the ministries.
• Communicate the appropriate message while still staying true to the “overall Church Brand”.
• Establish creative guidelines for ministries to work within.
2.“Keeper of the Brand” – Create templates, designs, and guidelines to allow Administrative Assistants to work within the established guidelines. Artistically drive the image of the church internally and externally.
3.Establish Volunteer & Staff-based Creative Community. Meet on a regular basis (bi-weekly preferred). Utilize volunteers as a team to develop and incubate ideas.
To apply, please email resume and recent portfolio to email@example.com.