This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ewing, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 01/26/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Secretarial/Office
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
The major purpose and responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to serve the church by being the primary administrative and research support to the Senior Pastor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
* Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
* Attend Church Service, Bible Study and church outings
* Supports church in financial endeavors (tithes and offering, love offering, etc)
* Represent Pastor at requested meetings and conferences (may require giving presentations).
* Be early and prepared for all worship services and scheduled meetings.
* Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with Staff/non-staff workers, church membership, business partners and community at large.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
* Relieves Pastor of administrative functions in order to increase the time Pastor has available for executive level responsibilities.
* Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
* Responsible for typing, proofreading, and editing materials and data for completeness, accuracy and adherence to church standards for the ministries.
* Responsible for serving as a research assistant to assist Pastor in preparing for sermons, teachings, and manuscript development
* Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, manuscripts and reports.
* Coordinate travel arrangements
* Provide updates regarding scheduling, conditions of office, ministries and congregation (bereaved, ill, etc)
* Sets and confirms all pastoral appointments
** Baby Dedications
** Pre-marital counseling
** House or business blessings
* Make sure Pastor is prepared for all meetings and engagements
* Screen/filter requests for meetings, calls and proposals (including mail)
* Ensure Pastor follow-up, respond, approve/deny all proposals, meetings, in a timely manner (within one week or shorter).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
* Requires a bachelor's degree with experience in either ministry or administrative fields.
* Demonstrates expertise and resourcefulness in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Relies on extensive experience and resourcefulness to plan and accomplish goals.
* A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Must possess the following skills: organizational, strategic planning, verbal and written communication, research, technical and creative writing, interpersonal/customer service, multitasking, and project management.
* Must demonstrate the ability to receive instruction, interpret it, develop a plan of action, and communicate to necessary parties.
* Must be a self-motivated person who is able to be effective when working independently without supervision and produce results.
* Must possess a servant’s heart in order to serve Pastor and 1st Lady