This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Waite Park, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 01/25/2012
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Crossroads Church is a community committed to ministering to families with children and youth. Our goal is to continue building one family ministry with the synergy of best practices from what are typically separate children and youth ministries. The Family Pastor will take steps toward creating a holistic environment in which the church and the family partner to develop deeply devoted followers of Christ. The Family Pastor will be responsible for crafting a ministry that will equip parents through opportunities and resources to fulfill their role in God’s plan for the family and for creating environments where children, youth, parents, and volunteers can encounter Christ together. The Family Pastor role is a leadership position, requiring comfort with leading staff and volunteers as well as working with families, children, youth and parents.
Education and/or Experience:
1) Four year degree in areas related to Family Ministry preferred.
2) Five years of Children, Youth, or other Family Ministry experience preferred.
1) Authentic, growing personal walk with Christ.
2) Desire to serve God specifically in the lives of youth, children, and families.
3) Passion for partnering with parents and volunteers to shepherd their children so that all family members are experiencing an ongoing, life-changing relationship with Jesus.
We will begin processing initial applications on February 14.
4) Ability to proclaim biblical truth in a variety of ministry contexts.
5) Ability to engage the whole family in the process of discipleship.
6) Leadership abilities and qualities-specifically in the area of equipping and reproducing ministry leaders.
7) Strong interpersonal communication skills.
8) Capable of effectively using current forms of technology.
9) Administrative and organizational skills.
10) Mature leader with a youthful spirit.
1) Design and cast vision for the development and expansion of the family ministry.
2) Provide primary leadership for the ministry to children, youth and their families.
3) Identify, recruit, train/equip, release, and oversee teams of volunteers.
4) Identify and maintain a healthy balance of pastoral teaching and training others to teach in ministry contexts.
5) Advocate for the children, youth and families of Crossroads.
6) Model healthy discipleship for youth and families.
7) Build genuine personal relationships with youth.
8) Develop family events, small groups, and gatherings.
9) Create environments of safety and unconditional love.
10) Ongoing personal development & commitment:
a. Wholeheartedly embrace and embody the vision, core values and ministry mandates of Crossroads Church.
b. Engage ministry staff meetings and church-wide planning as a team player.
c. Attend weekend worship services and church-wide events regularly.
d. Pursue development of personal gifts and skills through conferences, seminars, classes, etc.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts:
Leadership, Shepherding & Administration
Please send Resume, including references as well as one page philosophy of Family Ministry, personal faith testimony and basic statement of faith to Pat Ridpath at email@example.com.