This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Children
Shady Oaks Baptist Church
Hurst (DFW), Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/19/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Shady Oaks Baptist Church is excited to be seeking a Children’s Ministry Director to lead our vibrant Children’s Ministry to the next level. The successful candidate must be a passionate follower of Christ, have a deep passion of and calling to Children’s Ministry, and a proven history (5 plus years) of successfully leading a program. Our Children’s Ministry Director must be humble, honest, hungry and creative to make a difference in the lives of children and their families, have a healthy family life, and have a college degree. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health insurance and retirement. Relocation assistance is available.
- Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another. Ephesians 4:11-13.
- Lead children and their families to follow Jesus.
- Lead and coordinate a high-energy worship experience for children.
- Communicate in engaging and creative ways.
- Invite, train and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the children’s ministry.
- Maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is sent to volunteers at least three weeks in advance.
- Communicate weekly and meet monthly with Children’s Ministry Leaders in order to build ownership and equip them to lead other volunteers.
- Follow up with people that are interested in volunteering with children’s ministry.
- Lead creative team meetings with the appropriate people in order to implement the curriculum on Sunday mornings.
- Create systems and events to thank and show appreciation for children’s ministry volunteers.
- Recognize and follow up with first-time guests.
- Oversee communication between the church, children and families.
- Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Stay in touch with other vibrant children’s ministries around the country.
- Adapt and prepare curriculum for children birth through 6th grades.
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related children’s ministry environments on Sunday morning – including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, check-out, setup and tear down.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry budget, and plan select special events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
- Be a dynamic, passionate and organized Children’s Ministry Director.