This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Community Church
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/19/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a full-time Worship Director/Pastor. We are a non-denominational, non-charismatic church that is Biblically-based, culturally relevant with a desire to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teach them to become followers of Him.
Grace Community Church is located in a rapidly growing area just north of Pittsburgh, in Cranberry Township, PA. We are thankful, humbled, and excited that Grace was named by Outreach magazine as the 48th fastest growing church in America in 2008 and the 43rd fastest growing church in 2010. We will be moving to our NEW facility in July of this year and recently our weekend attendance has been over 1800 people! Our Worship style is modern (Hillsong United, Chris Tomlin).
In order to apply for this role you must meet the criteria below and have a recent video of you leading worship.
Please read over the responsibilities thoroughly before sending your resume. Submit resumes to JR Lovins, Pastor for Creative Arts firstname.lastname@example.org
• To represent the Worship Ministry as an extension of the Grace Leadership Team by reflecting the intent, disposition,
integrity and spirit of the greater purpose of Grace Community Church.
• Pastor the Worship community of Volunteers
• Oversee and organize all scheduling for Worship Ministry Teams
• Lead worship and develop a community of worship leaders
• Lead, recruit, train, and build, a community of volunteers that execute the function of the Media Ministry.
• Ensure a Leadership Pipeline is funneling new leaders into the ministry and through the Pipeline.
• Provide care to volunteers. Develop & manage the/a Care Structure.
• Sit on Worship Leadership Team in planning for weekend experiences
A degree in Worship or Biblical studies or leadership is desired. Prior ministry experience is necessary to meet requirements for this specific role. A strong desire to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to the community is required.
Serves under the Creative Arts Pastor in a reporting relationship
Sits on Executive Leadership Team
Working closely with overall staff. Team interaction/dynamics/culture are a critical component of who we are
NECESSARY MUSICAL SKILL SET
Proficient and able to lead from an instrument (piano or guitar)
Able to lead and direct a band
General understanding of music theory and composition
Desire to stay current with trends in worship ministry
Organize schedule musicians for weekend
Able to recruit, train, and provide resources to volunteers musicians
On-stage Communication skills