This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Walk Community Church
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 01/18/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Birth – Elementary ages
Grace Walk Community Church
Job Title: Children’s Pastor
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Hours: Full time
• To teach God’s principles and salvation to Children in the Elementary ages. Teaching in a way which children will understand. Loving all children, not showing any preference or favoritism towards any child. Understanding you are God’s ambassador and that who you are is who children see God as. Must be able to schedule classes, train and recruit volunteers and manage the general running of the Children’s Ministry.
• Works in Children’s Ministry along with various office duties along with other ministry leaders. Should be able to be self motivated and work under minimum supervision.
• Must have leadership responsibilities to oversee, coordinate and carry out Grace Walk’s vision for the children’s ministry.
• Must have the ability and experience in creating, improving programs for children.
• Develops plans and establishes annual goals to accomplish this ministries vision and enable the students to advance in their individual spiritual growth
• Provides spiritual oversight, training, developing and practical leadership to the Children’s Ministry staff and helpers.
• Ministers, teaches and manages a variety of administrative functions in the office.
• Establishes and manages children’s budget and is responsible to ensure compliance with those budgets.
• Must be able to operate in a Pastoral calling.
• Must attend all regularly scheduled services, special event services, special leadership training, staff meetings and support the leadership of Grace Walk.
• Must commit to supporting Grace Walk with your regular tithes and offerings.
• Primary calling should be to Children Ministries ages birth to 6th grade.
• Exhibit ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written form.
• Requires effective interpersonal skills to be courteous to a diverse group of people, and the ability to handle any and all disciplinary situations.
• Ability to produce results quickly as a mature self-starter
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience in developing curriculum for student ministries
• Experienced in organizing, managing, training, scheduling and providing feedback to staff and volunteers in student ministries
• Ability to build effective working relationships with persons inside and outside the staff and church members group.
• Must display the ability to approach and recruit new helpers from the congregation.
• Training with special needs children a plus.
• Current in technology and current trends a plus.
• Previous experience is a pay consideration.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention Pastor Tammy Please add the name, city and webpage for your current employeer. Your current employer will not be contacted without your permission.