Job Type: Full-time | Core Ministry Area: Worship Pastor
Reports To: Senior Pastor & Elders | Last Updated: 5/20/13
The Worship Pastor at Cornerstone is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; and someone who is able to lead and energize a church family that is grounded in the hymns of the past, embraces the current expressions of worship styles and presses on towards even deeper worship.
Cornerstone is a vibrant, Spirit-filled, and growing non-denominational church of just over 300 believers. Our previous Worship Pastor served at Cornerstone for one year and is now a part of a local church plant. We are looking to have a new Worship Pastor in place as quickly as possible. This staff member will oversee all of the duties listed below.
- Lead and/or organize worship services. Cornerstone currently has three services weekly—Wednesday, 6:30pm, Sunday, 10:30am and 6pm (Cornerstone Español).
- Lead worship team rehearsals.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, media and sound techs.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
- Lead the formation of a Music Ministry Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Provide assistance and direction to Youth Music Ministry Team alongside of the Youth Pastor.
- Aid the Children’s Ministry in any worship needs or special presentations.
- Help organize and assist in practice for Youth Music Ministry Team, as well as, Cornerstone Español music ministry team.
- Participate in the weekly planning and production of services.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Be knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
- Develop annual ministry plan and budget for Music Ministry Team.
- Continued honing of musical proficiency.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at Cornerstone.
We realize that you have other areas of strength. There may be additional areas of need at Cornerstone that are not listed. We can tailor these areas to match your strengths.
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Ability to play multiple instruments (preferably guitar and piano).
- Ability to run or have knowledge of loop software (Abelton Live) and click track.
- Ability to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Growing knowledge and appreciation for church music from the past and present.
- A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
- Committed to the Cornerstone church family.
- In agreement with Cornerstone’s doctrine (vital: must be Spirit-filled, with the evidence of speaking in tongues, believe in healing and the gifts of the Spirit), mission, and values.
(Please see our website @ www.cornerstonemidland.com)
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week with benefits package). Salary is established by qualifications and experience.
Pease send your resume via email to Chris Henkel at email@example.com (subject line: Worship Position)
Worship Director FTKaw Prairie Community Church
- Lenexa, Kansas
- March 4
Worship Leader / PastorLife Church
- Canton, Michigan
- March 4
Modern Worship Arts PastorHighland Park Community Church
- Casper, Wyoming
- March 4
Worship LeaderGraceland Baptist Church
- New Albany, Indiana
- March 4
Regional Campus Worship LeaderChrist Community Church
- Aurora and DeKalb, Illinois
- March 3