This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 06/09/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Other
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION. IT CONTAINS VALUABLE INFORMATION & CONTACT DIRECTIONS:
Christ fellowship is a new and growing church in the city center of Tampa. At a little over 1 year old we have seen over 400 people make commitments to Christ. We are a movement of people committed to making this world a better place through the love of Jesus Christ. We represent a diverse group of people from various generations and ethnic backgrounds. CF is primarily reaching people from very little or no church background through strong worship, Bible teaching, and servant outreach into the community.
The Preschool Ministry Director will oversee all the components of the ministry (birth - PreK) such as Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. He/she will serve as the chief leader and communicator of Preschool ministries at Christ Fellowship. While all ministries at Christ Fellowship will function within the framework of the larger church vision, the Preschool Ministry Director will seek to creatively implement that vision in an age appropriate manner to the population with which he/she will work. Every ministry at Christ Fellowship must undergird the vision of the church and be a growth arm of the church, therefore, it is imperative to understand and undergird the vision of the church.
GOALS & EXPECTATIONS
• Develop the unique voice of Christ Fellowship Tampa Preschool Ministry so that the church has a distinct offering within the community.
• Both be able to lead from the stage, but place heavy emphasis on developing current and future leaders
• Teach, or recruit teachers, who can lead the preschool ministry with a high energy level (reflective of the energy of the main services)
• Raise up a new corps of volunteers and small group leaders within the Preschool Ministry. Currently there are 30 active volunteers per week. To achieve the goal of 100 children per week there would need to be a total of 40-60 leaders per week to cover our three worship gatherings
• Realign (as necessary) the current volunteer structures and assignments, making sure that everyone who is supposed to be on the bus is, and that they are in the right seat
• Show a marked increase in the number of male volunteers in the preschool ministry.
• Protect the unity of Christ Fellowship at all costs
• Provide a model for children by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism
• Work as a team player with other staff members and Senior Pastor
• Attend staff meetings and church-wide events (ie. New comer's lunch, outreach events, Sunday after church events, etc.)
• Connect with both children and parents
• Follow up with all guests
While many metrics can be used to gauge the success of the Preschool Ministry, success will be measured primarily by the growth of the ministry and alignment with the overall vision of the church. Additionally important will be the maintaining and growing of a “heart for reaching the un-churched” that is created through the ministry of Christ Fellowship.
If you believe that you can bring it, then email us at Bruce@christfellowshiptampa.com. Although a formal education is not a predetermining factor for the position, candidates with a proven track record of growing a ministry or being on a growing team will be given further consideration. We will receive only resumes with at photo attached. This allows us to have a face attached with a name and your information as we prayerfully consider each candidate. Thank you for praying for us...we are praying for you.