This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship and Discipleship Pastor
Pinecrest Baptist Church
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/13/2012
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
As the Worship Pastor he will provide overall leadership, coordination and support for the Worship Choir, Senior Adult Choir, Women’s Ensemble, Men’s Ensemble, Children’s Choir, Praise Team, Praise band, pianist and audio/visual committee. The ultimate goal of this job function is to engage the congregation musically and spiritually in praise and worship.
As the Discipleship Pastor he will oversee a congregation wide systematic approach to discipleship and education with the purpose of fostering spiritual growth of PBC members. The ultimate goal will be to build an internal Christian community that is the body of the church and can effectively reach out into the community.
In these efforts his responsibilities include:
• Coordinate and or lead rehearsals for ensembles, choirs and bands
• Lead Musical aspects of 8:30, 11:00 and 6:30pm Sunday Worship services
• Provide song leading for Wednesday night services
• Coordinate special music for worship services
• Provide suggestions for music which reinforces the theme and fits the respective service type
• Coordinate the order of services with the pastoral staff, music members and audio/visual committee; including attendance at staff meetings as scheduled.
• Directs Christmas and Easter musical to include choirs and drama
• Coordinate musical outreach activities
• Establish a worship advisory team
• Establish a discipleship team
• Coordinate educational programs and Sunday school program with church pastoral staff
• Recruit, engage, train and supervise discipleship leaders and music volunteers
• Coordinate educational conferences for the community
• Facilitate small group learning experiences
• Select and order educational curriculum based on recommendation from discipleship team
• Maintain and coordinate the purchase of music and education resources and equipment
• Deliver sermons as needed
The Worship and Discipleship Pastor must:
• Demonstrate through lifestyle a sound salvation and relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrate a servant's heart with a focus on Christ, Church and Community.
• Have a successful track record in leading various styles of worship.
• Have experience in developing small group Bible studies outside the church.
• Have experience in mentoring and training volunteers.
• Have good teambuilding and facilitation experience.
• Have good interpersonal and conflict management skills.
• Have experience in a Christian Pastoral position.
• Be an ordained pastor.
Education: Music, education or seminary degree and appropriate equivalent experience.
All resumes, supporting documents and links to videos and music must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.