This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lake Highlands United Methodist Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 01/12/2012
Categories: Christian Education
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Title: Children’s Part-Time Coordinator
Location: Lake Highlands United Methodist Church
Reports To: Director of Family Ministries and Christian Education
Prepared By: Trish Callis
To assist the Director of Family Ministries and Christian Education in providing and directing children’s programming (newborn through grade 6), with the ultimate goal of helping children come to know, love and serve Jesus Christ. This individual will also gain on-the-job experience in learning how to run an effective Children’s Ministry program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sunday mornings – be sure teachers have arrived on time and have the supplies they need.
2. Select Sunday school curriculum for elementary ages.
3. Arrange Sunday school teacher training through the curriculum provider.
4. Recruit Sunday school teachers and shepherds.
5. Plan and organize Sunday school teacher appreciations.
6. Help organize special ministries and events such as Vacation Bible School,
Route 56, and 3rd Grade Bible Presentation and Retreat.
7. Develop and implement new programs.
8. Develop a list of Sunday school supplies needed and seek laity to organize them for the teachers.
9. Organize the publicity of children’s activities.
10. Write Kid’s Corner weekly to aid in communicating with the families.
11. Email Sunday school teachers weekly with updates.
12. Be willing to fill in for Sunday school teachers if a substitute can’t be found.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Stable, mature Christian
Able to communicate well with children and parents
Good organizational skills