This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Youth Minister
River Oaks Community Church
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 01/12/2012
Categories: Other Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Associate Youth Minister
REPORTS TO: Youth Minister
River Oaks Community Church is seeking an Associate Youth Minister to work alongside our Youth Minister in directing an active, growing ministry to students in Grades 6 through 12. The average weekly attendance of the youth ministry is 130 students. This is a full-time position for a spiritually mature person who has a desire to help young people grow in their faith and equip them for ministry.
• Have a call to long-term youth ministry. Have a passion for, and ability to relate to, students – believers and nonbelievers
• Be involved in students’ lives (i.e. school lunches, sporting events, concerts, etc.)
• Be a good communicator with students, parents, leaders and other church personnel.
• Be an effective teacher/speaker of the Gospel.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Be in agreement with the core beliefs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (http://epc.org/about-the-epc/beliefs/)
• Demonstrate the heart of a pastor and the humility of a servant. Be a strong team player. Reflect the character requirements for church leadership (1 Tim 3:1-3)
• Have an active/growing spiritual Life
• Have a gentle heart and peaceful spirit
• Demonstrate ability to lead creative arts
• Live worship band
• Creative elements
• Demonstrate administrative gifts
• Competent in interpersonal relationships,
organization, and administration
• Skilled in time management—able to prioritize time well
• Able to delegate duties
• Proficient in computer skills
•Both Mac and PC a plus
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• 1 – 3 years of church ministry experience REQUIRED
• Specifically within Youth Ministry environment
• Undergraduate degree preferred
• Ministry-related field recommended
ABOUT RIVER OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
River Oaks was a church plant from Reynolda Presbyterian Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The church began in March 1999 with a core group of 30 families and has grown dramatically since then. Our vision has always been to provide a place where everyone, both those who have grown up in church and those who have never been, can feel comfortable learning and growing.
Our church exists to REACH those who do not know our Lord Jesus Christ with the Gospel, BUILD devoted and equipped followers of Jesus, and SEND God's people into the world to serve with compassion and conviction.
We are a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, or the EPC. The EPC is a family of churches, Reformed and Presbyterian, defined by shared core values and bonded by the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Our affiliation with this denomination provides many benefits, including regional training opportunities for our leaders and members.
DO NOT SUBMIT RESUME THROUGH WEBSITE EMAIL IT TO JANET@RIVEROAKSCHURCH.ORG