This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship Arts Director
New Community Church
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 01/11/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
WORSHIP ARTS DIRECTOR
New Community Church
New Community Church is a body of believers in the community of Elizabeth City, NC. We enjoy a contemporary style of worship that is connected with relevant biblical preaching. The church is blessed with numerous gifted people who enjoy serving in our Worship Arts ministry and a recently built worship area equipped with professional sound, lighting and projection. We are currently accepting resumes to fill the position of Worship Arts Director.
The Worship Arts Director has primary responsibility for the planning and development of the worship ministry of the church, including providing oversight for all activities and events related to the worship services.
1. Develops worship experiences (Sunday morning, Communion services and special services) that support the vision and mission of NCC with the lead Pastor.
2. Recruits, supports and assists in the skill development of instrumentalists, vocalists and technical support that will create the worship environment that articulates the vision and mission of NCC.
3. Prepares the worship area to ensure quality sound and projection.
4. Maintains platform and equipment.
5. Attends and leads NCC creative planning team meetings.
6. Responsible and accountable for designated volunteer teams to make sure tasks/functions are being carried out as planned.
7. Attends and leads NCC worship team rehearsals.
8. Responsible for all forms of communication regarding worship ministry, including but not limited to communication via e-mail, web-site, newsletter, etc.
9. Researches and integrates songs, music, videos, drama (all Fine Arts) that enhance the worship experience.
10. Responsible for developing 6-month budgets for worship ministry.
11. Engages in, and supportive of the full ministry of NCC through participation in staff meetings and the church programs.
12. Participates in professional development seminars as determined by lead pastor.
13. Consults and supports student ministry worship.
14. Continually evaluates the worship experience with Lead Pastor and Staff in regard to the overall vision and mission of NCC.
15. Exercised shepherding care with those connected to the Worship Arts ministry for their spiritual life and growth.