This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of College Ministry
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 01/11/2012
Categories: College Pastor
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
The college ministry of 12Stone Church (Water’s Edge) is an already thriving ministry of 400+ who gather every week for worship. In addition to the large group gathering, Water’s Edge engages hundreds of students each year in small groups, compassion projects, and international missions trips, however, more opportunity remains. Located near growing colleges, there is potential to reach thousands of college aged people for Christ.
12Stone is a multi-site church with five locations serving greater Atlanta. Located in the heart of a thriving and relentlessly growing area in the northeast suburbs, 12Stone reaches over 12,000 people each weekend and has grown by over 8,000 people in the last 4 years. Last year 2,000 gave their lives to Christ! Numbers only tell part of the story. 12Stone is known and experienced best through amazing stories of life change told by the people themselves. These fresh stories reveal the heart behind 12Stone – why we do what we do.
It is an amazing season to be a part of 12Stone Church!
We are looking for a visionary leader who is passionate about reaching college students for Christ and is ready to take this already significant ministry to the next level of redemptive impact.
We are looking for a leader who
- Loves Jesus and is committed to life change.
- Is capable of inspiring and mobilizing large numbers of college students
- Is a gifted, insightful, and authentic communicator.
- Has talent and experience in raising up and developing leaders.
- Has experience in leading ministry teams,
- Has successfully led in a large, fast-paced ministry environment.
The Pastor of College Ministry is responsible to
- Maintain a spiritually robust and thriving culture.
- Uniquely champion 12Stone’s vision and values in the college ministry context.
- Preach regularly at the Tuesday night weekly gathering
- Connect college students to 12Stone beyond the college ministry.
IMPORTANT! Your resume should demonstrate each of the following:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
2. A stable work history consisting of a minimum 5 years experience in a church of 1000+
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO EMPLOYMENT@12STONE.COM. WRITE “PASTOR OF COLLEGE MINISTRY” IN THE SUBJECT LINE
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA THE CHURCH STAFFING WEBSITE
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirement for performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.