This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Church At Rocky Peak
Chatsworth, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/01/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Secretarial/Office
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Mission for Communications Coordinator - The Church At Rocky Peak
To coordinate communication activities with passion, effectiveness, and reliability, in a friendly and caring way. To oversee our web and social media presence by serving all departments and the mission, vision, and values of The Church at Rocky Peak. To provide administrative support to the Pastor of Communications while becoming our Fellowship One champion and knowledge expert.
1. Bring energy and enthusiasm to the communications team while improving the rapport of the department with the Rocky Peak staff.
2. Manage rockypeak.org website by keeping content relevant, current, and strategic. Be proactive in refreshing the website and look for new ways to communicate the vision, values and strategies of Rocky Peak.
3. Develop a new social media strategy to build a strong integrated online presence.
4. Manage promotional effectiveness (print and media) by using the (a) Communication Matrix and by developing a (b) Glossary of Terms.
5. Oversee our Brand Management Standard on campus including print, digital, and signage.
6. Expand our Fellowship One usage by increasing all-staff participation on a day-to-day basis while integrating the benefits to enhance ministry.
7. Coordinate the Assimilation and Volunteer Pipeline follow-up for maximum retention.
Competencies - Role
1. Relevant communication skills (verbal and written) to clearly communicate with our three target audiences: (1) staff, (2) congregation, and (3) community
2. Strong Editorial skills
3. People skills — Friendly, caring and helpful; able to get along well with others; high emotional intelligence; able to work through conflict well; winsome; relational; proactive.
4. Courageous — able to introduce new initiatives with grace.
5. Creativity and Innovation — Generates new and innovative approaches with out-of-the-box strategic thinking.
6. Efficiency — Learns quickly. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
7. Organization and planning — Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities with ability to see the big picture.
8. Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects
9. Teamwork — Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
10. In-depth working knowledge of MS Office
11. Ability to train others
12. Executes well — Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
Competencies - Culture
1. Fits within our organizational culture