This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Leader
Antioch Christian Church
Vienna, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/09/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Disciples of Christ
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
Antioch Christian Church is seeking a servant of God, with deep devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ and gifts of musical skills, to help lead its new contemporary worship ministry beginning early 2012. We seek to have a service of worship that emphasizes a variety of elements and styles and focuses on giving glory to God.
1. Demonstrate a passion for Christ through personal spiritual discipline, love of God’s Word, daily worship and devotions, and public ministry.
2. Seek to know God’s will and hear His voice so that you may lead the Congregation into His presence in awe and worship.
1. Experience: The ideal candidate should have experience which may include: similar prior Contemporary Worship Leader employment, internships, or volunteer work; some level of formal musical education or equivalent demonstrated ability; and some level of formal theological education as noted below.
2. Musical Skills: Ability to lead worship while playing the keyboard or guitar. Playing both instruments would be preferable, but not required. Ability to organize and lead musicians and singers who desire to serve in Antioch’s music ministry.
3. Education: At least 1 year of biblical & ministry education at the collegiate level preferred, but not absolutely necessary.
1. Work with the Pastor to create a well planned and prayerful worship service.
2. Prepare an annual budget for music and supplies, submit the budget to the Church Board for review and approval, and manage expenses accordingly.
3. To oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the worship service including, but not limited to:
• Compile and maintain a constantly evolving collection of worship songs that are likable, sing-able, and worshipful.
• Recruit, train, and lead a contemporary praise team, including selecting and directing music, creating music binders, developing internal leaders, maintaining equipment.
• Coordinate and direct any necessary rehearsals.
• Lead the praise team musicians, singers and congregation in worship at weekly Sunday morning worship service.
• Collaborate with the Traditional Worship Leader on any combined contemporary/traditional services, which are being proposed to occur every five weeks.
• Provide the praise team with Spiritual leadership.
• Involve the youth for a potential youth praise team.
• Coordinate with church volunteers for sound and audio visual needs.
• Work with the Pastor to plan Sunday morning services that support text and applications, including preparing PowerPoint or other software application presentations of slides with song text, scripture, and announcements.
More information and details can and will be provided including vacation information, estimated hours, compensation and strategic goals.
To apply for this position, please provide your resume, a general statement of faith, personal testimony, and a recording (or a link to a recording) of you leading worship (video is preferable). References will be requested if both parties agree to move forward. If applicable, the Worship Leader search committee may wish to attend a candidate’s live performance. A background check is required and will be performed.
If God is leading you to Antioch Christian Church, we look forward to learning more about you!