This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Living Bridge Community Church
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/09/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Living Bridge Community Church is a non-denominational church located just North of Pittsburgh in the growing city of Gibsonia PA. Our mission is to "Loving God, Loving People" based on Matthew 22:37-40. For more about who we are and what we believe visit our website at www.lbpitt.org
Living Bridge turned two years old on September 27, 2011. Approximately 150 people attend Living Bridge and that number is growing! We believe God is preparing the way for His church to rise up in a community that is in need of the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
Living Bridge meets at the Pine-Richland Youth Center in Gibsonia. We could not have asked for a more centralized location with immediate and continuous people exposure. Youth ministry has been a priority since day one, and we currently have a core group of about 25 teens. We feel that hiring God's chosen youth leader is a vital part of our mission.
Our ideal candidate would be married, have a college degree, be a self-starter, have approximately five years of Youth Ministry Leadership experience, and be able to meet most if not all of the requirements below. However, please know that we are open to God’s leading. So if you feel that you might be a fit we encourage you to apply. The position as offered is a full-time paid position.
The bottom line… If it is your desire to be at a place that will take care of you and where you will see life-change and on a regular basis, Living Bridge just might be the place for you!
Send your resume, pictures, mp3 files, videos, and or video links directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not send them via the church staffing website or to any other email address at Living Bridge.
Thanks for checking things out! God bless you as you seek His direction for your life!
Requirements & Character
Must be a regular attender of Living Bridge, and a mature disciple of Christ, solid in the faith, with the goal of making disciples; able to relate to students in the Western PA culture; self-starter; self-motivator; creative; teachable; organized; personable; real; fun; enjoys athletics; sees moral integrity and character as a high priority.
Major Responsibilities – Connecting
• Serve, shepherd, counsel, and build relationships with the youth who attend LB
• Connect with LB Youth on a regular basis via social networking, phone calls, visits, etc.
• Reach-out, connect, and provide support to the parents of youth who attend LB
• Connect with parents/guardians on a monthly basis via a constant contact newsletter
• Recruit, develop and train volunteer youth leaders and/or parents to help in leading the ministry.
• Meet regularly with youth leaders, keeping them “in the know”.
• Develop plans/strategies for reaching the un-churched youth in and around Gibsonia.
Major Responsibilities - Planning
• Plan the youth calendar in 6 month increments.
• Meet regularly with youth leaders and youth council to help with decisions, planning and continued training.
• Work to instill an “outreach minded youth group” that strives to serve others both locally and globally by participating in 2 4 outreach projects each year.
• Plan at least 1 “extra” activity monthly to bi-monthly for students to participate in. This could be a day trip, evening fellowship, get-together, prayer time, etc.
• Coordinate, plan, and lead approximately 2 spiritual growth retreats each year.
• Meet with the Pastor and staff at a TBD meeting times each week.
Major Responsibilities – Weekly Programming
• Plan, Oversee, & Lead Youth Group for grades 6-12 on Wednesday evenings from 6:45-8:15. Possible weekly elements include: group game, worship, a relevant message, break-out groups, videos, skits, etc.
• Plan & Oversee age appropriate Bible studies for youth grades 6-12
• Be available before and after LB worship services to connect with youth and their parents.
Major Responsibilities - Other
• Be open to other responsibilities and goals that develop as Living Bridge moves forward