This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mankato, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 01/09/2012
Categories: Church Planter - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Elevate has become a modern underground movement in the Mankato area; literally…we are a church in a basement. Why? Because anywhere is better than the status quo! This past summer we bought a microbrewery in the name of God. Renovation of the nearly 14,000 square feet should be ready for us to move in this spring.
Thoroughly review job description.
If it fits: send BOTH pdf resume AND worship video resume link(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worship Director assists the senior pastor in creating environments at Elevate where people can encounter and respond to God. This can include but is not limited to weekend worship services, special seasonal services, conferences/seminars, outreach activities sponsored by the various ministries of the church, and events held off-site. This person will have primary oversight for all major events and weekend services. The primary areas of oversight, leadership and development include programming teams (music, drama, visual arts) and production teams (video, creative video, lighting, audio, graphics, stage).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide spiritual and visionary leadership to the Worship and Production teams.
• Cast vision, along with the senior pastor, of the spiritual and artistic direction of the church.
• Partner with the senior pastor to determine the focus, content, messaging and creative approach of each service.
• Recruit, shepherd and develop volunteers to be creative leaders throughout the church while fostering and creating an
atmosphere of unity and community within the teams.
• Oversee the brainstorming process.
• Develop, implement and evaluate plans to achieve the creative goal.
• Oversee all aspects of the service execution.
• Supervisor may assign other duties.
This position supervises Worship and Production volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Should have five or more years of experience.
• A four-year degree from an accredited college or university is desirable.
• Proven track record of success.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with church members, vendors, and other employees of the organization, using proper grammar without dialect or slang. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively while maintaining good working relationships.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Desired Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Shepherding, Administration, Encouragement
• The ideal candidate should be highly relational, effective at shepherding and team building,
with the ability to lead with a spirit of discernment.
• Demonstrates expertise and professionalism in the creative arts with regard to programming.
• Able to manage the event calendar including organizing staff, volunteers, and equipment.
• Partners with all of the ministries of the church in providing assistance, training and support.
• Establishes and administrates the budget affecting this ministry.
• Establishes goals for the ministry and implements strategies for their attainment.
• The ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people,
conveying a genuine concern for their needs.
• The ideal candidate should be creative, detail-oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to
organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and motivate others.
• Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks, ability to climb stairs and ladders, working long hours and have a flexible
The Worship Director’s position is salaried with 104 PTO hrs annually (after 90 day review) and eligible for an increase after annual review. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.