This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Choir Director
Trinity United Methodist Church
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 01/09/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a dynamic musician that has a passion for Christ, youth, and leading worship to direct Sonlight Youth Choir. The director of Sonlight is responsible for all aspects of the band and choir’s preparation, rehearsal and performance as well as administrative support duties. Sonlight provides music for our Contemporary Worship Service every week, singing music that is heard on most radio stations. From U2 to Rascal Flatts, and Brandon Heath to Cold Play, Sonlight brings a Christian focus to music that was not necessarily written from a Christian perspective. Sonlight is “a community of youth connected in faith, sharing diverse music to explore and express our love for God.”
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
• Experience with Sound Equipment
• Instrumental and/or choral experience
• 3-5 years of conducting experience desired
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Direct an existing youth choir and band of 70+ teenagers that lead in weekly worship services.
• Screen, select and arrange music for the choir to perform in the weekly service.
• Plan, organize and lead a tour to spread the love of God through Sonight’s music and message.
• Raise funds to support the cost of the annual tour
• Rehearse weekly with Sonlight band and choir in preparation for worship services and other special events.
• Develop small instrumental and vocal groups that will participate in and lead worship services.
• Work closely with the Director of Music and Worship Arts to plan worship services and other opportunities for Sonlight and small group performances at Trinity and in the community.
• Participate with Student Ministries Department to strengthen overall student ministries.