This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music Ministries
Livingston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION WITH INSURANCE BENEFITS.
Qualified candidates will have an appreciation of both traditional and contemporary worship.
FUMC has 2 worship services; Contemporary at 9:00 AM and Traditional at 11:00 AM (same venue)
Each service runs 240- 260. (average Sunday worship attendance 500 - 600)
Contemporary Worship responsibiities include:
1. Plan music with Pastor/s and worship planning team
2. Lead rehearsal/s for Praise band
3. Serve as the "lead voice" for contemporary worship and train and recruit laity to serve as lead vocals
4. Bring a fairly good Praise and Worship band to a level of excellence.
Traditional worship responsibilities include:
1. Lead and Direct a very strong 40 - 50 member chancel choir
2. Lead and direct 2 bell choirs (one a level 2 intermediate, the other a level 4)
Other responsibilities include:
1. Work with children's diirector to enhance Children's choir
2. Work with Children's diirector and laity to enhance children's bell choir
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY PIANO AND OR KEYBOARD. ABILITY TO PLAY ORGAN A PLUS.
FUMC Livingston is a growing, thriving, very fiscally stable congregation on the shores of Lake Livingston. We are only 45 minutes from North Houston restaurants and shopping malls. (Applicants from Houston should be aware that we believe this position requires a relocation to Livingston)
This position would begin as early as Late March, early April, with contemporary responsibilities and part-time pay beginning in the area of $40 - $45 K and would go to full-time the end of June when our current Music Director retires.
Wonderful church, wonderful people, wonderful staff and a great place to build a future and a family.
Interested applicants may send resumes to Sr. Pastor at email@example.com.
PS Including pics and video or music links so that we can "see you in action" and "listen to your vocal abilities" will help you stand out.