This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lead Children's Director
Maximum Impact Churches
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 12/30/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Lead Children’s Director
Champion of the Family Ministries Department
Maximum Impact Churches is a non-denominational evangelical organization that is assisting a dynamic congregation in hiring a..............
Fulltime director level position as part of the ministry team of a multi-cultural, non-denominational, growing, 500+, full gospel congregation with new facilities and a huge children’s space including gym, inflatable bounce houses, children’s stage, lighting, day-care, and more. Located on the SW side of Richmond, VA.
• Must be able to translate a church’s dream to radically impact families into reality in the children’s ministry department.
• Must be able to design “scope and sequence” of curriculum so that children transition to adulthood spiritually prepared to
be fully devoted followers of Christ desiring to engage their world as change agents.
• Must have an overall understanding of the Bible with the ability to translate it into age appropriate concepts so that
teachers and leaders are able to communicate them to children and parents. In other words, Jesus is engaging and the
truths of scripture captivate and compel us to join God’s redemptive story.
• We are looking for someone who wants to focus their energy on implementing. If you feel you are called to spend your
time writing children’s curriculum, this job is NOT for you. You are very free to be creative, but we are looking for someone
to focus on the children’s ministry and not on writing curriculum.
Director level position
• Must be able to function at the director level of the management team.
• A full partner with Family Ministry Team responsible to implement vision and brand of the church into birth to 12th grade
families including providing staff oversight of children’s ministry volunteers, part time youth pastor, and full time day care
• This position welcomes you to speak into the direction of the Family Ministry, and you will have the ear of the senior
• Must have or be able to obtain your VDSS early childhood endorsement. If you do not have your endorsement, we will
give 12 months to get it.
• This is a full-time ministry position with salary with benefits.
Leader of Leaders (Team driven)
• Effective and creative problem solving, program management, and decision implementation.
• Recruit and train outstanding volunteer teams to create a safe, fun environment for kids & volunteers.
• Lead and manage full-time day-care staff. You will NOT have day to day responsibilities of the day-care but you will have
oversight of the day-care ministry which is a separate 501c3 from the church.
• Able to communicate vision, give away ministry, articulate expectations, evaluate and pursue excellence.
• Partner with Parents to fully engage them in their child’s spiritual journey.
• Create high ownership of parents into the children’s ministry.
• Equip and empower parents to fulfill their responsibility to pass on a spiritual legacy to their child.
• Must be willing to work hard (we got kids coming out of our ears!).
• Must be loyal to God, the senior leadership, and the children (we are trusting you with our families).
• Must be able to be creative, effective, and efficient yet put your family first (we actually man this)
• Must be real, honest and able to laugh and maintain your heart in the challenge and fun of team ministry.
Next Step: If you feel this position is for you, please email your resume and a short description why you feel you are the perfect person for this job to: cdv@MaximumImpactChurches.org (If you call us, we will fill the position with someone other than you because your call will mean you cannot follow directions (wink).) After sending your resume, we promise to follow up within 11 days. Maximum Impact Churches is a non-denominational evangelical organization that assists churches nationwide in hiring critical ministry positions.