This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Wheaton First Assembly of God
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 12/24/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Introduction: First Assembly is a spirit-filled evangelical church located in Wheaton IL, a suburb 25 miles west of Chicago. Wheaton and the surrounding communities is a melting pot of many nationalities, religions, and ministry opportunities. Our church ministers to people of all ages from these suburbs, through church services, multiple small groups, and an active outreach program that features a food pantry and clothes closet. Our Sunday attendance averages 125 to 150 (adults, youth, and children). A team of four Associate Pastors covers children, youth, small groups, worship and administrative ministry areas. Our church has a history of strong Missions focus, supporting local and foreign teams financially and with short term ministry and construction mission trips.
Job Overview: We believe the Senior Pastor that God has chosen for First Assembly will be a spirit-led, dynamic leader, with vision and passion for people and for God’s work through this local church. They will have strong communications skills (both in the pulpit and interpersonally), and a strength for developing leadership qualities in others. Their previous experiences will be the right foundation for this position, at this church, at this time. Dynamic preaching/teaching, focus on Evangelism and administration are additional strengths we desire.
- Currently ordained or licensed (seeking ordination) minister of the Assembly of God church
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 – 5 yrs. as Senior Pastor or equivalent experience
- Experience supervising pastoral staff and lay leadership
- Demonstrated focus on salvation and evangelism to the lost
- Spirit-led, operating in the gifts of the spirit
- Accepts the divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures
- Preaching and teaching
- Development of Associate Pastors
- Lay leadership development
- Administration of church with Official Board
- Strategic planning and vision
- Character of high integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Relationship oriented
- Strong team player
- Servant’s heart
- Exceptional mentoring skills
- Visionary leader
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Counseling experience and skills
- Encourages freedom in worship
More details available on request.