This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Calvary Bible Church
Bakersfield, California, United States
Date Posted: 12/09/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting Directly To Me:
All Music Department Volunteers
Responsible for supervising, creating and maintaining the music, worship and technical ministries of Calvary Bible Church. The Music Pastor shall give oversight, minister to and equip those involved in the worship, music and technical ministries of the church. He shall be a servant/leader to members of the worship ministry. He is responsible to maintain the philosophy of worship of Calvary Bible Church. He shall work closely with the Preaching Pastor to lead the body in corporate worship. He shall oversee ministry volunteers, to cultivate the gifts and talents of those within the church and to teach biblical truth through music.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate corporate worship times using teams of volunteers, incorporating a variety of worship forms which include traditional, contemporary and blended styles as well as multi-media presentations.
• Plan music for all services of Calvary Bible Church, as well as for occasional special events.
• Provide leadership development and pastoral care to members of the music & worship team.
• Recruit and train volunteers in their specific areas of ministry (vocal, instrumental, technical).
• Seek ways to instill music and worship into the homes and lives of our church family.
• Prepare, maintain, and report balanced budget for all worship, music, and media ministries to the Elder Leadership Team.
• Administrate short and long-range planning, scheduling, organizing, delegating and evaluating of all aspects of the music ministry.
• Schedule rehearsals and training sessions in order to maintain the highest quality of music.
• Prepare and direct seasonal musicals that may include Christmas, Easter/Spring, and Independence Day.
• Maintain oversight on all children’s choir and worship activities.
o Stay current with, utilize, and introduce the latest appropriate technologies for music & worship.
o Coordinate with volunteer technical teams regarding use, operation and maintenance of technology associated with music & worship.
o Oversee the recruitment, training and scheduling of personnel to operate sound, lighting and audio/visual equipment.
o Oversee all physical assets of the music & worship ministry, ensuring that property is maintained in excellent condition and that warranties are observed and kept up-to-date of all applicable assets.
• Oversight of technical production for worship services, and procuring and maintaining all production equipment.
• Invite and schedule outside music groups for performances at the church.
• Seek opportunities for public exposure of our music ministry.
• Utilize music and worship as a mission outreach to introduce nonbelievers from our community to the love of Christ and our church family.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings and assigned training.
Minimum Skills, Experience And Education Required:
Bachelors Degree in Music or equivalent experience
Membership at Calvary Bible Church
A mature Christian man, meeting the requirements of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
All applicants please include the following in your initial response:
• Family photo
Send requested items to:
Music Search Team
Calvary Bible Church
Please do not contact us via phone and only those resumes sent to the above email will be considered.