This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor - Student Ministries
Lakewood Baptist Church
Lakewood, New York, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Children's Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Plan, administer, coordinate, supervise and evaluate a comprehensive and active Youth Ministry of Lakewood Baptist Church. There will be a primary emphasis on secondary school students and young adults with involvement in other youth programs (AWANA, UPWARDS, etc.).
Qualifications and Position Requirements
• One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• One who possesses experience in ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
• One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for LBC’s student and young adult ministry.
• One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with LBC’s statement of faith.
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Specific List of Responsibilities
• Responsible for initiating and implementing all phases of the student ministry with emphasis on Jr. High students, Sr. High students, and young adults.
• To provide and be actively involved in teaching Bible study for Jr. High students, Sr. High students, and young adults during the Sunday morning time. This would include planning for space, approval of curriculum and other resources to be used and the recruitment and training of Sunday School workers.
• To provide for the weekly evening programming, this involves 2 – 2 1/2 hours. This time is spent in spiritual growth activities such as, singing, sharing, creative games, and activities. This time includes a devotional message or Bible study from the Associate Pastor. (currently utilizing Word of Life curriculum)
• To plan and provide activities and outings for youth and young adults to meet their social needs. It is important that the Associate Pastor has sufficient workers to help supervise these social activities.
• Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by youth in all church program organizations.
• It is understood that a great deal of time will be spent with students and young adults on a one – to – one basis, building relationships, strengthening self esteem and encouraging them to become established as Christian believers.
• To make calls on students and young adults when they are in a hospital or in other primary moments of their lives. Outreach to new students through home calls and campus contacts (school lunch, or after school contacts).
• Work with program leaders and teachers and appropriate staff members to resolve philosophical, procedural, and scheduling problems in the youth division.
o Assisting teachers in the development of weekly age-appropriate lesson plans
o Recruitment and Development of new leadership as ministry needs necessitate
o Periodic Communication with parents, staff and church leadership regarding vision and program
o Train youth leaders in resolving conflict
• In consultation with Student Ministry Team, prepare an annual budget and an Annual Report.
Other General Responsibilities
• Cooperate with Sr. Pastor, Board of Elders, and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of Lakewood Baptist Church.
• Provide overall leadership, supervision, and coordination for LBC’s ministry to youth and their families as well as our young adults.
• Be available for counseling of church and non-church members as needs arise.
• Utilize the services of the secretarial and facilities staff, which is consistent with their position descriptions.
• Give full support to the General Operating Budget of Lakewood Baptist Church and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
• Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Lakewood Baptist Church’s Constitution and Bylaws and Policies and Procedures manual.
• Participate in the congregational life of the church.
• Participate in other pastoral functions as assigned by the Senior Pastor such as:
o Occasional preaching to fill the pulpit in the Sr. Pastor’s absence.
o Serve as member of Christian Education Team.