This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
2nd-3rd Grade Ministry Director
Community Bible Church
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/05/2011
Categories: Discipleship Pastor - Teaching Pastor
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
2nd-3rd Grade Director brief job overview…
The Elementary Ministry Director for 2nd-3rd Grade oversees all aspects of our ministry to this age group. The Director's primary role is to plan and oversee our weekly 2nd-3rd Grade Kids Church services. Each weekend we minister to 300 kids and volunteers in our 2nd-3rd Grade venue. We're looking for a top-quality leader with a Christ-centered heart for kids to lead this exciting ministry.
Applicant must have proven experience with large group teaching of children, volunteer recruiting & training, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Major responsibilities of this job are:
• Oversee planning/preparation to provide environments for 2nd-3rd Graders to experience a relationship with Jesus Christ through weekly Kids Church worship
• Recruit, Train, and Empower volunteers to minister to our children in these environments.
• Supervise/Oversee all aspects of the 2nd-3rd Grade program during weekend service hours.
• Responsible for all 2nd-3rd Grade areas, ensuring cleanliness, order, safety, and security of all rooms, equipment and supplies.
• Communicate on behalf of the 2nd-3rd Grade ministry with visitors, parents, children, and other ministry departments such as Worship and Communications to maximize impact of the 2nd-3rd Grade ministry.
• Ability to regularly fulfill ministry roles such as large or small group teacher, primarily within the 2nd-3rd Grade Ministry, but also in every area of the Elementary ministry.
• Oversee the purchase/acquisition of all supplies specific for the 2nd-3rd Grade ministry.
• Assist with overall children s ministry functions and special events through planning and attendance as needed, including but not limited to Kids Camp and VBS.