This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Avon, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 12/05/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Providence Church is located in Avon, Ohio, an upscale suburb approximately twenty miles west of Cleveland. We are a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America and average 450 adults in Sunday worship. Our youth ministry currently has approximately seventy active students in middle and high school. This position would supervise a near full-time female youth pastor and periodic college interns as well as a team of adult volunteers. For more specific information please see www.providencechurch.us.
What we expect from our Youth Pastor:
• Rich and relevant understanding of the Gospel and its implications for life as evidenced by a visibly vibrant and active relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A commitment to the veracity and power of God’s Word and demonstrated skill and effectiveness in communicating its truth.
• A passion and love for teenagers and a sacrificial desire to see them become followers of Jesus.
• The demonstrated ability to plan and lead a strategic ministry to teens, their families, and the community.
• The abilities to recruit, develop, motivate, and shepherd a team of volunteer ministry leaders and other vocational youth staff.
• A desire to reach beyond the church walls and work cooperatively with other local student or community ministries.
• A minimum of three years leading a church youth ministry, preferably one which included a number of youth staff volunteers and evidenced growth under his leadership.
Summary of Position:
The role of the Pastor of Student Ministries is to plan, lead, and implement the youth ministry at Providence Church for Middle School and High School students in order to help them to grow as devoted followers of Jesus Christ, equip them for a lifetime of fruitful Christian service, and assist them to reach out to their friends with the Gospel. The Pastor of Student Ministries will lead both vocational and volunteer staff in ministries to students, equip and assist parents to shepherd their children to follow Christ, and teach and shepherd students so they will walk vibrantly and actively with Jesus Christ. In addition, the PSM will be actively involved in reaching teens outside the church in our community with the Gospel.
Salary is negotiable and will be based on the individual applying.
For more information including a detailed Job Description, send or email your resume to:
Providence Church Contact Info:
address: 35295 Detroit Road, Avon, Ohio 44011