This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministries
Martha Bowman Memorial United Methodist Church
Macon, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 12/01/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Preschool and Nursery Ministries
Martha Bowman Memorial United Methodist Church | Macon, GA
The congregation and staff of Martha Bowman Church are seeking an energetic and visionary leader for our preschool and nursery ministries. Our church values a preschool and nursery ministry that not only provides a loving and developmental environment for children of our membership, but also uses educational and social programming to reach out to the community of north Macon. Based on that value, we seek a director who can:
- Cast a vision for nursery and preschool ministries and lead the implementation of it, within the greater church vision to offer “hope through Jesus Christ at the crossroads.”
- Create, administer, and evaluate programming for both current members and in an outreach capacity
- Recruit, supervise, and retain a strong volunteer force to staff the nursery
- Create a “wow” factor for parents interacting with these ministries for the first time.
- Be enthusiastic about children, their parents, and ministry!
To fulfill these expectations, we have the following requirements for this position:
- Education: High School diploma/GED required. Associate's degree/two years of college coursework or greater in education, developmental psychology, management, marketing, leadership studies, or related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education or experience will be used to qualify candidates. Candidate must possess the following certifications by the first day of employment: CPR - Infant and Child; Basic First Aid
- Experience in nursery, pre-school, and/or early childhood setting required with exposure to administrative operations beneficial.
- Evidence of abilities in the areas of vision development and collaborative leadership, volunteer recruitment, supervision, and retention, and team development essential.
- A sense of calling and passion for ministry with preschool aged children and their families that includes nurturing, loving, and providing for their spiritual development. The interpersonal skills for working with this population is essential.
- Administrative background in managing staff, budgets, and paperwork.
- Knowledge of laws, policies, and best practices related to working with young children.
This is a full-time salaried position with access to benefits including health insurance, pension, cell phone, vacation, sick leave, and personal days. This position does require regular weekend and evening work.
For more information on our church, please visit http://www.marthabowman.org. We are a congregation of the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church, with several hundred members, situated at the intersection of Forsyth and Bass Roads in north Macon.
To apply, please submit a resume, list of three professional references, and cover letter detailing your qualifications for this position to Ted Goshorn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received by the start of business on Monday, December 19, 2011.