This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lake Forest Church
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 12/01/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Can you enable brilliance? Can you execute on the vision of spiritual thinkers and dreamers? Can you capture a fleeting thought in a meeting, get it on paper, put it in action, measure it and improve it? Lake Forest Church (LFC) has touched the lives of thousands of people in the last 10 years and is seeking an Executive Director to help us unleash the full Holy Spirit potential of our team and our church. We’ve grown in many ways and we are looking for a person with the right spiritual gifts to ensure our ability to live out our mission…”to love people as they discover and live out their role in God’s story.”
LFC is a growing, Evangelical Presbyterian Church with campuses in Huntersville and Davidson, NC (just north of Charlotte). Started in 1998 by Dr. Mike Moses, LFC has grown to a weekly attendance of 1,500. Since its beginning, LFC has been known for reaching ‘people who’ve given up on church, but not on God’, through a clear and engaging focus on Jesus.
LFC leads people to live like Jesus, always on the Missio Dei (Mission of God) to love people both near and far who are hungry for food and hungry for God. We initiate, support and partner with multiple local and global missions and ministries and we currently are expanding to reach ‘one more person’ through the expansion of our building; to start ‘one more church’ through regional church planting; and to aid the redevelopment of ‘one more neighborhood’ locally that is mired in physical and spiritual poverty. For more information about LFC, visit lakeforest.org.
Conceptually, the executive director (XD) must possess a rare mix of relational, operational and spiritual gifts. The church’s mission is vast in scope with many competing priorities, resulting in a role which requires a Christ-like approach to the efficient execution of church operations.
Functionally, the XD is responsible for leading the administrative and operational functions of the church. Reporting to the Lead Pastor with accountabilities to the Elders, the XD works across all functions to dynamically implement the strategic vision of LFC. The XD will enable the lead pastor to devote energies towards leading the body of the church and will facilitate and strengthen the connections between the church leadership, the staff and the elders. The XD will serve and guide the other ministry directors and teams at the program level, empowering them to align, expand and improve, with routine accountabilities for the following areas:
• Human Resources Leadership- In coordination with the personnel team, oversee HR policy development and execution, including staffing planning, organizational design, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and performance management
• Mentorship and Professional Growth of Staff- Mentor/guide the ministry directors and key leadership personnel on approaches to optimize both the tactical and strategic processes in their groups, with a focus on clear communications and fostering “follow-ship”
• Financial Leadership- Work with the finance team to oversee accounting operations, budget development, management and reporting and ensure all aspects of the finance process are within accepted accounting principles
• Operational and Facilities Leadership- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the church facilities (IT, safety, cleanliness, grounds maintenance, security, etc.), as well as long-term strategic operational, IT and building planning
• Executive Leadership Enablement- Work with the pastors and elders to enhance the health, vitality and effectiveness of the church’s executive leadership by coordinating and integrating the work plans of the different groups so that there is alignment in the overall ministry vision, vision, strategy and desired results
• Communications Leadership—Facilitate and continually improve the flow of communication among the lead pastor, Session, ministry staff, congregation and outreach programs
• 10+ years in an operational management role, preferably with experience in a church or mission environment
• Must have a saving faith in Jesus Christ and be willing to commit to the mission and motivations of LFC, and essentials of faith of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church
• Deep experience managing both direct and indirect reports
• World-class communications abilities across all levels and audiences
• Strong background in delivery and deployment of complex, large-scale projects/initiatives
• Relationship “savvy” – both internally and externally
• Strong knowledge of corporate procedures (finance, HR, legal, IT, etc) with outstanding project management skills
• Ability to find the “golden path” between contradicting pressures
• Bachelor degree in relevant professional field with relevant graduate degrees (MBA and/or M.Div.) preferred.
• Significant church leadership experience in a staff an/or volunteer role.