This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Graphic Design Coordinator
Savannah Christian Church
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 11/29/2011
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Thank you for your interest in serving with Savannah Christian Church. If you are interested in the position of Graphic Design Coordinator please visit our website at www.savannahchristian.com to complete the electronic application. Also, please send us a DVD or link of your most recent work.
Graphic Design Coordinator
Creative Communications Team
Reports To: Communications Team Leader
Category of Employment: Support Staff, Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Minimum of 40 hours per week
The mission of Savannah Christian Church is
to lead people to a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively serving in the Communications Department with responsibility for graphic design and production of printed and electronic communications for Savannah Christian Church and its ministries.
1. Experience: Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience in graphic design and with commercial production processes.
2. Education: A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
3. Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must have proficient knowledge of graphic and publication software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite. Computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Candidate must have the ability to work independently with efficiency, effectiveness and composure; must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and must be able to multitask and prioritize work assignments. Candidate must exhibit excellent organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Must possess a friendly attitude, a willingness to work collaboratively with others, and have a strong heart for service.
4. Physical Demands:
a. May be called upon for lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
b. Operation of church vehicles.
5. Application Materials: Resume, list of references, and a link to an online portfolio of work samples are required.
1. Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
3. Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
1. Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of SCC, including the SCC Statement of Faith.
3. Supports and adheres to the SCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
4. Must be an active, participating member of Savannah Christian Church or another Bible-believing church.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
• Maintain in notebook (CROAKER) all ministry tasks and functions specific to position.
• Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
• Ministry consultations
o Work with ministry and Communications Team Leader to develop an overall project plan utilizing innovative methods for staying within time and budget constraints.
o Provide production recommendations for printed pieces including size, format and paper type.
o Provide production quotes.
o Work with ministry to finalize creative brief that clearly defines what is to be communicated. Clearly define the roles of each party.
o Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communications problems.
o Develop the overall layout and production design of magazines, brochures, websites, postcards, bulletins, flyers, posters, advertisements, etc.
o Develop identity and visual branding.
o Develop material for web pages, interactive media and multimedia projects.
o Keep abreast of emerging design and communications technologies in new media.
o Coordinate production and distribution of printed communications to meet time and budget requirements.
o Submit designs in a manner that meets all required specifications.
o Review proofs carefully to produce accurate, high-quality work.
o Provide accurate quotes for all jobs. Work within budget for all projects.
o Organize files and archives to make them easily searchable and accessible by others on the Communications Team or within the church.
o Actively seek, encourage and lead volunteers who wish to serve on the Communications Team.
o Supervise other graphic designers as assigned.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication, teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.