This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Scottsdale Bible Church
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 11/28/2011
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
About Scottsdale Bible Church
Our church is growing and expanding. As listed in Outreach Magazine, we are the 90th largest church in the nation. We have just begun the process of a full HD upgrade in our 2,000 seat worship center and will be launching a multi-site campus in 2012. We have five Sunday services with varying styles of worship, from classic to contemporary/progressive.
About our Media Team
Our current full time media team consists of: media director, video engineer, audio engineer, graphics designer, web administrator, production assistant and volunteer coordinator. We also have part-time and intern support. We are currently renewing our focus on building our volunteer base and team.
About the Position of Video Producer
We are looking to expand our team with a person who knows his/her stuff (“stuff” is defined below) video producer. This person must be able to take a concept and run with it until completion. We are looking for someone who is flexible, has the ability to work in a fast turnaround environment and a commitment for excellence in everything they do. As you can see from our team listed above, we have specialists in almost every discipline of the Media/Tech department. This person will be expected to produce at least 2 videos per week.
Various Responsibilities that would/could be requested:
• Training and mentoring volunteers and interns
• Video shooting, capture and editing of various video shoots
• Directing actors and extras
• Building, training and recruiting media/production volunteers
• Setting up and troubleshooting equipment
• Creation of DVD menus and authoring
• Compression of videos for various formats including, DVD, web and mobile devices
• Archiving and organizing all archive footage and source documents
• Setting up unique video sets for different looks / location scouting
• Supporting other ministries/departments with video expertise
• Provide repair and ensure regular maintenance on campus-wide video equipment
• System diagnostics/repair/troubleshooting
• General media clean up and maintenance
• Other various tasks not defined on a Job description.
DO APPLY - Ideal Qualifications:
• Expert in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier or Avid
• Expert in capturing audio for video
• Expert in white balancing a camera
• Expert in color correction of multiple different cameras
• Passion for video editing and story telling
• Willing to pull an all nighter to get the job done
• Understanding of motion graphics
• Must be a team player and volunteer enabler
• Passionate for excellence in a fast paced environment
• Must be passionate for learning new techniques
• Passion for learning and perfecting your craft
• Passion for continuing education
• Passion for mentoring the next generation of media volunteers and professionals
DON'T apply for this job if you DO NOT:
• Have an awesome portfolio. (don’t just send a resume, I need a reel, if you are sending a reel tell me what your
responsibilities were on each project)
• Have a love for God’s word and a passion to reach the lost through media
• Have a passion for recruiting and training volunteers
• Have flexibility in your schedule
• Know the difference between 32k and 56k, (and I’m not talking about money here)
• Know what the word anamorphic means (if you go and google that stop reading now)
• Know the difference between progressive and interlace video
• Handle constructive criticism and team collaboration well.
• Know what a RED One is.
• Put the phrase “I’m pumped” in subject field of your resume email. (just want to see if you read details)
• See a difference in HD vs. SD IMAG
• Know what IMAG means
• Know what GenLock is
• Respect the differences between MAC and PC.
• Know the rule of 3rd’s
• Understand 3 point lighting.
• Know what “50 mm f/1.4” is and means
Want to make films for Jesus. Are you called to it? If yes. Apply today.
Please send your resume & portfolio link - to HR - firstname.lastname@example.org