This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Rec and Sports Ministries
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/27/2011
Categories: Recreational/Sports Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF SPORTS & RECREATION MINISTRIES
Reports to: President of The PARC
Hours Required: Part-time - 30 hours/week
Responsible for insuring that all sports & recreational programs are developed, maintained, and operated in a manner that fulfills The PARC’s mission. All programs will be administered in a manner which is consistent with the goals and policies of The PARC. Areas of accountability include: effectiveness in ministry, program quality, customer satisfaction, and fiscal management.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience in related field preferred.
• Have an understanding of budget accountability.
• Have excellent organization skills, a working knowledge of multiple program areas, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to supervise volunteers in various capacities.
• Achieve annual objectives as they may relate to ministry, budget and program registration.
• Incorporate The PARC’s mission in the day-to-day operations.
• Implement The PARC vision as set forth by the President and The PARC Board
• Work with the President and The PARC Board to develop and monitor the budget for recreation ministries.
• Plan and implement strategies to generate appropriate levels of revenue to ensure a balance budget.
• Maintain payment status of teams & individuals participating in all leagues. Ensure prompt payment of all workers related to each league.
• Work with the President and The PARC Board annually to develop a list of specific goals for the Rec & Sports, priorities, and calendar dates with SLFUMC.
• Support and be actively involved in fundraisers at the direction of the President.
• Oversee appropriate maintenance and operations of facilities.
• Work collaboratively with community organizations.
• Ensure safety and risk management.
• Ensure that volunteers have the necessary support and resources to effectively minister within their program.
• Submit weekly reports to the President of The PARC.
• Main duties will be to setup and monitor the gym activities. Ensuring proper setup and teardown of equipment.
• Assist in the general maintenance and minor repairs on the PARC.
• Specifically help in the inventory and storage of recreational supplies and equipment, seeing that such equipment is stored properly, inventoried, repaired, and readily available for use.
• Knowledge and hunger for the Word of God, its application into programs is paramount to the success of the PARC.