With your resume please include video or a link to a video of you leading worship
Service Programming Director
• Five years experience in full-time church leadership
• A bachelor's degree with an accredited college/seminary is preferred
• Must be a leader who excels in building, inspiring and developing teams
• Must be self-motivated and committed to an authentic, transparent walk with Christ
• Must have ability to plan ahead
• Must have ministry experience that clearly demonstrates ability to lead, train and develop people
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Oversee Music Department team members
• Lead worship for Sunday morning services and special events
• Book musicians, worship leaders, background vocalist and sound engineers
• Recruit, lead, develop and support worship leaders who are capable of leading the band during worship for Sunday adult services and special events
• Recruit, lead, develop and support background vocalist and musicians
• Oversee song selection
• Conduct band rehearsals in preparation for Sunday services and special events
• Assist Service Programming Department (SPD) in short and long-term service planning
• Maintain sound equipment and support peripheral equipment
• Oversee set-up and tear-down of audio equipment
Our mission at Journey is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We keep this in mind in all that we do. Specifically, our mission as a music department is to create a musical experience that transcends expectations. We want to create music that connects with everyone who attends (regular attenders as well as those who do not normally attend church), and that leads them to a different place emotionally and spiritually than before they came. This can be done through worship music experiences, as well as fun or powerful songs that can move someone on an emotional level.
Our vision is to have a Sunday morning environment that is not threatening for a first-time visitor. That philosophy funnels down into the songs we sing and what our worship leaders say from the stage. We want to make sure the verbage we use isn’t “churchy.” Instead, what we sing and say from the stage is inclusive, everyday language.
Our church began in 1995 under the name "Countryside Christian Church" with a dream to have a positive impact in our community. For the first 10 years we met in various school facilities in the local community. We began construction on a new campus in 2003 and moved into a new facility by July 2005. In 2007 we went through a "rebirth" of sorts and adopted a new name: Journey Christian Church. As a part of that process, we re-evaluated the focus and direction of our church and began the work of transitioning into a church whose primary objective was inviting and leading people who normally don't attend church into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We wanted to create environments that were effective at helping people discover and develop their faith. As a result, over the next few years Journey nearly tripled in size and in 2011 was named the 59th fastest growing church in America by Outreach Magazine. While we're thankful for the growth, we're most excited about are the hundreds of changed lives, marriages and families we've witnessed over these past few years.
As a result of our growth since 2005, our leaders were faced with a challenge: we had outgrown our campus! As we explored our various options, a decision was made to move our Sunday services to the brand new, state-of-the-art Clover Hill High School which is located just a few hundred yards from our Journey campus. Holding our Sunday services in their performing arts center gives us the room to continue growing until we can acquire a new piece of property on which to build a facility that will meet our needs for decades to come.
During the transition that began in 2007, we adopted a model of ministry first made popular by North Point Community Church based in Alpharetta, GA (www.northpoint.org). After four years of sharpening and focusing our efforts in this model of ministry (2007-2010), we pursued and entered into strategic partnership with North Point Ministries (NPMi) in August 2011. The purpose of strategic partnership is to leverage North Point's experience and network of like-minded churches in order to maximize our effectiveness at leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our church is located in Midlothian, Virginia, a fast-growing, family-oriented community located 20 minutes west of downtown Richmond. For more information, visit our website at www.JourneyChristian.us.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Journey Christian Church
Our church is located in Midlothian, Virginia, a fast-growing, family oriented community located 20 minutes west of downtown Richmond. Since 2004 our attendance growth rate has averaged 20% per year. Our niche is connecting with people who have been disinterested in the traditional church experience and helping them begin a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. As a church we lean away from complexity and towards simplicity. More...