This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Pastor
The LIFEhouse Church
Rocklin, California, United States
Date Posted: 11/23/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Student Ministry Pastor
Employment: Full time
Accountability: The Student Ministry Pastor’s first commitment is to Jesus Christ and the authority of His Word. He directly reports to the Lead Pastor and is accountable to the LIFEhouse Elder Board. He is expected to work cooperatively with other staff members and to work in partnership with all appropriate ministries.
Position Objective: The Student Ministry Pastor’s ultimate mandate is to develop leaders, ministries, and ministry teams with a view to multiplying ministry by multiplying leaders and teams. The primary goal is to mature fully developed followers of Christ on an expanding scale through leaders, ministries, and ministry teams. Discipleship is the active pursuit of allowing the Spirit to transform every part of a person’s life for the glory of God.
Key Result Areas:
1. Develop a strong base of prayer.
2. Build a tiered leadership network of leaders by identifying, training, coaching and mentoring a student ministry staff. Multiply ministry by multiplying leaders.
3. Make disciples of Jesus Christ through intentional relationships and accountability groups. This includes helping the youth and Student Ministry Staff to understand the balance among winning, building, equipping and multiplying disciples as a lifestyle.
4. Develop resources focused directly on assisting the Student Ministry Staff and teams.
5. Provide counseling for youth and parents in need.
1. Spiritual Leadership: provide spiritual direction by modeling a life that is filled to overflowing with the fullness of Christ.
2. Teambuilding: creating a healthy leadership development environment where leaders are constantly being produced for an ever-expanding ministry.
3. Discipleship Ministry: disciple the Student Ministry Staff as they disciple students.
1. Maintain a quality spiritual and family life.
2. Directly responsible for the quality and outcome of all aspects of the Student Ministry.
3. Cast vision for our Student Ministry philosophy of ministry while implementing the structure and strategy.
4. Develop a Student Ministry Team by recruiting, teaching, training and empowering leaders (junior high through college)
5. For the selection, oversight and development of leaders/ministry partners.
6. To be a regular participant in the life and activities of the congregation and an integral part of the spiritual and social life of The LIFEhouse.
7. Nurture partnerships with healthy para-church organizations that are leveraged strategically to reach the South Placer County area for Christ.
8. To create entry points for youth to gain a sense of belonging to Christ and to each other as part of the community of believers.
9. To develop bridging opportunities into congregational life.
10. To assist with membership classes, helping the youth to become members of The LIFEhouse Church.
11. Oversee all Student Ministry functions:
a. Weekly meetings, Sunday mornings and midweek meetings
b. Annual Retreats (Winter/Summer Camps and mission trips)
c. Outreach events
12. Providing oversight to the selecting of dates, speakers, budgets, and program details for all Student Ministry events.
13. Oversee and equip our Student Ministry Interns.
14. Attend weekly staff meetings (Tuesdays).
15. Attend the annual staff retreat.
16. Attend the monthly “New Member’s Dinner.”
17. Oversee all publications for Student Ministry.
1. Spiritually mature with a living, contagious faith in Jesus Christ. Meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, with the heart of a shepherd (1 Peter 5:1-5)
2. Emotional stability
3. Demonstrates disciple making values and priorities in everyday life
4. Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
5. Creative self-starter
6. Effective in both written and oral communication
7. Humble, team oriented posture
8. Administrative and budgeting skills