This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Highland Park United Methodist Church
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/23/2011
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: over 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Join us at Highland Park United Methodist Church in Dallas, and use your video and technical experience and expertise to facilitate the work of the church in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are a busy, dynamic church with a supportive and fun work environment!
As an integral part of our Media/Creative Communications team, this position is a general AV tech position and will be called upon at times to work with audio or lighting, but with a strong emphasis on video. Worship is the top priority for the team: you may be assigned to assist other team members with technical support issues, or to operate a production position (camera, lighting board, graphics, etc.) Worship includes:
- 2 contemporary services with sound, lights and video (this includes recording the service and showing video, and switching from Worship Graphics software to video cameras as necessary).
- Traditional worship services in 3 venues during 3 service times. These services are less tech-intensive than the contemporary services, but have a high priority, and need reliable equipment and operation.
- Preparing venues for services and events, setting up equipment and tearing down and storing afterward.
- Safe setup and operation of all equipment/configurations, and securing of all rooms after events.
Typical Video Production Work:
Our edit styles include contemporary/modern, retro, informational, interviews, crisp/clean look. You will produce sermon series teasers, loops, countdowns, sermon illustration videos, ministry promos and videos for playback on website and during special events.
Additional Events: In addition to our 4 worship venues and dozens of classrooms with varying media needs on Sundays, HPUMC also hosts other events including dinner theaters, banquets, meetings, lectures, classes and more, many requiring extensive technical support. The same technologies used for worship services are employed in the support of these events.
Along with working most days during the week, our media team must be present on Sunday mornings and at special events as required; such events may be at night or on weekends.
WE REQUIRE a Christian who is dedicated to leading a life that becomes the Gospel and who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church environment, with the following qualifications:
- Video production experience; church media experience strongly preferred, especially with video production
- Outstanding video production skills
- Formal video/media education a plus
- Proficiency in the operation and maintenance of modern video production equipment and software (Adobe Premier, Encore, After Effects, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and Motion). Experience with Mac OSX preferred, plus ability to use MS Office
- Ability to perform basic 3-point lighting as well as ability to be more creative for video shoots requiring more than basic 3-point lighting
- A good understanding of professional video production techniques
- Proficiency with audio for video production techniques (use of wireless and shotgun mics, headphone monitoring of camera recordings, etc.)
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, organization, communication and customer service skills.
- Must exhibit appropriate demeanor and have attire ranging from casual to dressy
- Good hearing and vision (including color, close, distance, peripheral and depth perception)
- Physical ability to stand, walk, reach, kneel, use hands to manipulate (fine motor), etc.
- Physical ability to lift equipment of various sizes and weights, some pieces exceeding 100 pounds
We offer competitive pay and benefits for this full-time position.
TO APPLY, please email the following to email@example.com, specifying Video Specialist in subject line:
- Links to your work online
- Salary requirement
- Your religious/church affiliation
No calls, please.