This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministry Director
Abiding Harvest United Methodist Church
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 11/22/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Leading edge, decade old progressive UMC church offering a full time student leadership position.
1. Evangelical, biblically based leadership team & board of directors with:
A vision for the future
A solid understanding of the need for the grace & atonement found only in Christ
An understanding of the need and power of the Holy Spirit to define change in our lives.
2. Motivated, supportive senior pastor with strong leadership and communication skills that understands and supports the demands and rigors of student ministry.
3. A team culture of support, encouragement, and affirmation through challenges and difficulties as we build missional community in Tulsa.
4. A job description that enables a self motivated leader to develop ground floor initiatives & relationships in our gatherings and community. We believe our staff members should have ownership of ministry and the freedom to evaluate, build and change program structures to make them effective for the people they serve.
5. A modern, recently built facility that has core technologies to build on for the future in the high growth trend area between the Tulsa and Broken Arrow communities. Three of Oklahoma's largest high schools- Broken Arrow, Union, and Jenks campuses are all located within a 5-10 mile radius.
6. A cost of living index in Tulsa, OK that supports ministerial staff more affordably than many other professional communities in the country.
7. A college town environment of Christian and professionally geared universities providing young adult leadership, community, and continuing education.
-Authentic, committed relationship with Christ.
-4 years experience in a growing, evangelical student ministry.
-Bachelors degree in student ministry from an evangelical university.