This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship & Arts
Loveland, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 11/22/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Worship and Arts at LifeSpring is someone with:
• a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people
• a passion for worship and the role it plays in congregational vitality
• the skill to lead, inspire, develop and direct musicians, vocalists, and all other creative arts teams
• the ability to create an environment for a multi-generational congregation to engage in passionate worship of God
• Worshipper of Jesus—a lifestyle of worship not just on the platform but pursuing God’s presence in everyday life
• Excellent Musician—strengths in both vocal and instrumental music
• Team Builder—a builder and discipler of ministry teams
• Thoughtful–possesses a theologically grounded vision for worship ministry and uses a broad range of resources to help engage people in worship
• Creative—responsible for creating the atmosphere in worship that invokes awe and invites people into an encounter with God
• Experienced—a minimum of three years of experience leading worship
• Live out life in our community as the primary worship leader and chief musician.
• Envision, develop and engage in creating a culture where people are being equipped as worshippers, musicians and artists.
• Plan the worship services around series themes to engage people in worship through a variety of means including (but not limited to) songs, hymns, readings, prayer, drama and multi-media.
• Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders.
• Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor technical arts volunteers (lighting, sound, and media teams).
• Develop annual ministry goals and budget for Worship Arts Ministry.
• Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and development events.
• Facilitate adult and children’s choirs.
• Facilitate and oversee actors, directors, and prop construction for drama ministry.
• Oversee the maintenance and purchase of worship equipment.
• Oversee the environment in our sanctuary to create a visually appealing and worship-filled setting.
• Oversee the organization of our music library.
• Oversee a ministry area outside of worship ministry as assigned.
THE RIGHT FIT:
• In our Sunday morning worship, we are multi-generational, outreach-minded, yet believer-focused.
• We are a church that is part of the Evangelical Covenant Denomination and are distinctively evangelical, biblical, and missional. We are a church that strives to embody unity and charitable orthodoxy.
• We believe corporate worship is our means of glorifying God but also God’s means of realigning our hearts with His. To that end, we encourage personal participation in worship rather than a spectator mentality. We desire a growing worship environment where more and more people are engaged in true, sacrificial worship of Jesus Christ.
• We believe that out of a vibrant relationship with Jesus, we impact the world. We believe that as we grow deeper in our love for Christ, we grow more effective at serving a hurting world.
• This is a full-time position but for the right person we may consider a part-time appointment.
Send a cover letter, resume and a DVD of you leading worship (minimum 10 minutes) to:
LifeSpring Covenant Church
Attn.: Search Committee
743 S. Dotsero Drive
Loveland, Colorado 80537
If you would like to apply electronically, please submit each of these to:
First consideration given to applications received by January 31st.