This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Assembly of God
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/29/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are hiring a Youth Pastor for a vibrant and growing youth ministry in a progressive church. There is an established adult leadership team, student leadership teams, SGS and a healthy weekly youth service. This is a really great opportunity to take a strong youth ministry to the next level and to be a part of a God seeking, growing and fun staff!
Check out our website (www.first-assembly.org) for a feel of our DNA. Below is a brief, general job description.
Please email Robbie Johnson directly with questions and resume. Thanks!
The Youth Pastor is responsible for leadership, growth, and discipleship of the High School and Middle students of the church and community. This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor. Working with the Lead Pastor, fellow staff, and a wide range of volunteers, this person is responsible for leading, facilitating, and growing a services and small groups towards discipling the students of the church. This individual will be knowledgeable of FAOG mission, core values, and ministry strategy, and will advance this mission, adhere to these values and implement these strategies in their ministry area. This individual is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff and congregation through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer, and other appropriate ways as he/she serves his/her Lord Jesus Christ.
• Must be very familiar and experienced with small group structures
• Exceptional interpersonal skills for engaging with and recruiting students and leaders.
• Excellent relationship and communication skills to build an effective team, make formal presentations, resolve conflict, and interact with a diverse student, parent, and community population.
• Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
• Ability to present a Christ-like image when presented before or interacting with diverse groups of individuals.
• Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
• Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
• Ability to be culturally relevant and upkeep with the teen culture
• Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Excellent presentation skills before large groups of people.
• Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software and/or web applications.
• Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize work requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a professional manner.
• Minimum of a high school degree with preferred BA degree.
• Minimum of two years of youth ministry experience.