This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 11/16/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Other Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
The River is an urban Church in Kalamazoo, MI. Check out our website www.theriver.info for more information.
Title: Community Pastor
Objective: Develop and implement a systematic strategy to help people at The River become disciples of Jesus.
1. Walks intimately with Jesus.
2. Agrees with River vision, mission and core values
a. Vision (who we are) – Belong, Believe, Become
b. Mission (what we do)– Advance God’s Kingdom for His glory
c. Values (how we do it) – Intimacy, Community, Multiplication, Mercy
3. High people skills, able to communicate vision, aptitude to follow-up, administrative
4. Desire to live in deep community with other staff
Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Oversee, and be involved in Sunday engagement of visitors (i.e. welcoming, coffee shop, after service introductions, ushers); fine-tune or develop additional engagements strategies as needed.
2. Develop strategy for and oversee effective visitor follow up and connection into the life of the body.
3. Develop strategy, cast vision, implement, and oversee discipleship initiatives
4. Directly oversee Family Pastor and Volunteer Coordinator
1. Family Pastor
2. Student Pastor
3. Volunteer Coordinator
4. Communications Director
5. Connections Deacon
Direct Report: Executive Pastor