This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Traditional Worship
St. James United Methodist Church
Tampa, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 11/15/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
The Director of Traditional Worship will work collaboratively on the Worship & Arts team to establish ministry vision and direction while maintaining direct responsibility to develop, lead and manage all aspects of traditional worship. This position will provide oversight and direction for the planning and execution of all traditional worship services at St. James UMC. The Director will work to create a path of spiritual nurturing that will grow ministry leaders and volunteers into fully devoted followers of Christ as they serve passionately in the area of Worship & Arts.
The Director of Traditional Worship will provide leadership and oversight in the areas of traditional worship and music for St James UMC. The Director will maintain primary responsibility over the planning and execution of all traditional worship services and recruitment and leadership of volunteers. Additionally, the Director will also work closely with the Executive Director of Worship & Arts and Director of Contemporary Worship to effectively interact with ministry leaders, volunteers, and the staff members of St James UMC to define and implement ministry objectives. These efforts will be in line to support the mission of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
• Service Planning – lead and oversee the planning of all traditional worship services, special services, and funerals with the planning, coordination and execution of music, readings and creative elements
• Volunteer Recruitment – actively recruit participation in the varying ministries within traditional worship
• Volunteer Coordination – lead the coordination of all volunteers for the traditional services by managing scheduling and insuring sufficient prep time for all volunteers (i.e. Liturgists, Choir members, musicians)
• Volunteer Leadership and Care – provide direct leadership, coaching and equipping for all ministry servants; insure appropriate spiritual and emotional care is provided for all traditional ministry servants in times of need; lead weekly devotional time at the beginning of Chancel Choir rehearsal; plan for annual training events and fellowship gatherings
• Ministry Leadership – serve as primary worship leader for traditional worship services; grow the traditional W&A ministry
• Relationship building
• Musical skills
Interested persons should send resume and cover letter to Zebrah Jahnke via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.