This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 11/15/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Music & Worship is a vital member of the ministry team and is accountable to the Sr. Pastor.
He shall serve as a role model for the Body of Christ in both public and private facets of living. Col. 3:16 serves as a guideline for such conduct. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
The ideal candidate will have:
• A reputation of being a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ who views this position as a calling from God.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and relate well to others.
• Possess the ability to motivate others and work effectively in team situations.
• Good Administrative leadership and organization skills.
• Possess musical skills with the ability to teach, lead, and organize the music ministry.
• Experience in leading Praise Teams in a contemporary service as well as directing a choir in a more traditional worship setting.
* Overall responsibility of leading the Music ministry with the flexibility of to work with all age groups.
* Coordinate with the pastor to create a well planned and prayerful worship service.
* Seeks to select and to use music which brings glory to God, is theologically correct, and ministers to the congregation.
* Work with the Audio Visual Ministry to ensure smooth presentation during worship service.
* Submit order of service to Administrative Assistant in a timely manner for Sunday bulletin.
* Conduct weekly rehearsals with praise team and adult choir.
* Keep music sheets organized and filed in an orderly manner making it easy to access and manage in music binders.
* Oversee CCLI Song Select copy reporting and annual renewal. Responsible for budget and making purchases of sheet music for the upcoming year.
* Provide leadership to those individuals desiring to serve God through their musical talents, helping them realize and reach their maximum potential through leadership and training.
* Minister in such a way that people feel encouraged and appreciated in their ministry.
* Conduct special annual events such as Christmas Programs or Easter Programs.
* Create schedule for special music, engaging vocalists and instrumentalists in such a way that “opens the door” for greater church involvement.
* Oversees and assures maintenance and care of all equipment relating to area of ministry.
* Complete budget request and submit to finance committee for yearly music ministry budget. (This is done at prior to the start of the fiscal year which begins in January.)