This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bi Vocational Youth Minister
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Date Posted: 11/14/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Bi–Vocational Youth Minister
A Youth Minister shall serve as a role model for the Body of Christ (especially our youth). – Embracing and exercising those qualities described in 1 Timothy chapter 3:1-7
The ideal candidate will have:
• A reputation of being a spiritually mature individual.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and relate to youth & families.
• Possess the ability to motivate others and work effectively in team situations.
• Good Administrative leadership and organization skills.
• Must be a dynamic teacher (able to teach doctrine of the Christian faith, fundamental
Christian values and how to apply these to life situations)
• Experience with coordinating events such as… retreats, mission trips and regional outings.
* Is a vital member of the ministry staff with the overall responsibility of leading Jr. High & High School students into a
growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Is responsible for developing a network of volunteers to assist in the youth ministry.
* Must be intentional about building relationships with youth & their families.
* Plan and implement a discipleship process that moves students to a deeper level of spiritual maturity and ministry
service that reaches outside the church.
* Plan and coordinate a ministry program that promotes healthy social interaction and provides opportunities for youth to
have and to be positive role models.
* Host quarterly gatherings that include parents/guardians; for the purpose of communication and engaging whole families
in the overall youth ministry.
* In collaboration with the ministry team the youth director/minister will develop a yearly strategic plan with goals and
objectives that move youth through a continuum of spiritual development. To be reviewed quarterly and approved by the
* Plan and oversee youth mission trips, youth camps, including destination, objectives, funding, logistics, etc. These trips
must be pre-approved by the pastor with the support of the church leadership.