This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Arts Specialist
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 11/14/2011
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Name: Technical Arts Technician
Classification: C3/Non-Exempt, Hourly
Department: Technical Arts & Marketing
Reports to: Manager of Technical Arts
Pastoral Supervisor: John Hansen
This is an evolving position that requires hands-on execution of routine technical tasks not normally associated with managerial level responsibilities. It is necessary that the routine tasks enumerated below are executed in a scheduled and timely manner to facilitate a smooth and uninterrupted technical support of all meetings, functions and events.
This position supports the mission and goals of Immanuel’s Church in effectively communicating the message of the Gospel: To know Jesus Christ and to make Him known.
* B.S. Degree in Media Production or related field and /or experience in the advanced functions and repair of audio, video
equipment and stage lighting
* Aptitude to quickly learn and apply new and emerging functions of related technology
* At least 4 years of technical arts support experience and troubleshooting
* A working knowledge of Apple MAC and products related to audio and video, and PCs & Microsoft Office products.
Essential Job Functions:
* Maintain all technical arts equipment in the facility
* Oversee setup for all audio and video equipment as well as stage lighting
* Stage and equipment management (Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and rooms #201, #224)
* Theatrical lighting and theatrical lighting equipment maintenance and repair
* Work with Tech Arts Manager to support worship services, events and productions
* Assist in the planning and purchasing of all new equipment
* Maintain inventory storage and Technical Arts administrative office
* Administrate, schedule, and keep in good repair all communication devices including translation equipment
* Train volunteer technicians provided by ministries for their in-house events
* Assist Technical Arts Manager with other assigned projects and duties
* Weekly video editing of Sunday announcements being aired in the Sanctuary.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Proposed Work Schedule: This is a full-time hourly position requiring 40 hours per week; however, high activity periods may require overtime.
Please send a cover letter and resume to at firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 301-989-1640, ATTN: Angela Gracey, PHR.