This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Family Life Ministries
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 11/12/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Jerusalem Church Profile
• Jerusalem Church
1417 Stonecreek Rd. SW
New Philadelphia, Oh 44663
• Search Committee Chairman
2536 Stonecreek RD SW
New Philadelphia, Oh 44663
• We are seeking to fill the position of Director of Family Life Ministries.
The Director of Family Life Ministries should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Biblical or Ministry studies)
Minimum of 1 year of ministry experience preferred (preference given to candidates with Children and Youth Ministry).
The Director of Family Life Ministries should meet the requirements listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• The Director of Family Life Ministries is to:
teach and provide spiritual guidance to the children, youth, and young adults of Jerusalem Church.
Number of Church Members:
500 total: 409 active, 55 non-active, 36 out-of-area
Average Sunday School attendance: 111
Average Junior Church attendance: 25
Average Youth group attendance: 20 - 25
• Profile of the Congregation
0 - 5th: 45 children
6th - 12th: 44 youth
College: 13 students
25-49: 22 %
50-64: 26 %
65+: 22 %
Business/Farming 14 %
• Organizational Life
o Boards and Function
Consistory – Administration
Christian Education Board – Oversight of Education and Programming
Board of Elders – Leadership and Vision Casting of the Church’s Spiritual Life and Ministry
Women’s Society – Leadership and Programming of Women’s Ministries and Missions
o Bible Study, Worship and Fellowship Groups
Women’s Bible Study
TEC- Youth Group (6th-12th grades)
Kid’s Life Ministry (5th grade and younger)
Real Life Ministry (Post High School)
Small Group Ministry
Sunday Night Live
• Finances and Budget
Expenditure for Three Years
Year Current Expenses Benevolent Missions Other Debts Total
2008 197,219 37,972 0 0 231,869
2009 201,795 38,090 0 0 237,045
2010 176,584 41,550 0 0 218,134
• Salary, Benefits, and Expenses Offered
Negotiable based upon education and experience
• Property Owned by Church
Church Building (located 2 miles from city limits)
• Community Characteristics
Population: County 91,300 New Philadelphia 17,319
County Caucasian 97.8% Black 0.9% Hispanic 1.2%
New Philadelphia Caucasian 96.1% Black 1.0% Hispanic 1.3%
o Primary Businesses in the Community
Commercial Center of County
• Congregational Goals for Next 3 Years
Continue to enhance ministries and expand evangelical opportunities
Expanding worship opportunities (separate Traditional and Contemporary Worship; currently blended)
Identifying new ministry opportunities
• Theological and Faith Stance of Congregation
Evangelical (Refer to Statement of Faith, as attached)
• Qualities we are seeking in a Godly Director of Family Life Ministries
Loves the Lord Jesus Christ
Is a person of prayer
Grounds decisions and ministry in Biblical perspective
Leads by personal example
Disciples people to spiritual maturity
Called to minister to children and youth
Encourages people to apply their faith in daily life
Is a compassionate and caring person, sensitive to other’s needs
Ministers effectively to people in crisis
Is an inspired and compelling teacher
Is effective in planning and leading worship
Works well in a team
Is a child at heart
Statement of Faith
The Jerusalem Church is:
• A vital fellowship in Jesus Christ, established in 1815 in the evangelical and reformed tradition; maintaining a vibrant church-life throughout the many decades.
• Always seeking to uplift the glory of God and the blessings of salvation; always endeavoring to support and encourage one another in faith and good Christian living.
• A gathered Family of God in one Household of Faith; striving for simplicity and sincerity in the Faith.
• An independent Church, sharing ministry and mission in the freely constituted Evangelical Association of Churches, nationally and internationally.
• In the Holy Trinity; One God Almighty, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• In the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the living Son of God; God Incarnate.
• In salvation only by the grace of God.
• In the indwelling presence of God, by His Holy Spirit, to each Believer; and the consequent imparted power of the Spirit.
• In the Bible to be the Holy Scripture of God, His living Word; inspired of Him and profitable for all truth and conduct of living.
• In the real and changing power of prayer.
• In the evangelical commission of Jesus Christ to proclaim His Gospel to all mankind.
• In the Sacraments of Holy Communion and Holy Baptism.
Note: Please respond only to email@example.com